This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 152064
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Per departmental needs
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
3400 Spruce Street
The Supervisor of Billing reports to the Revenue Cycle Director/ Manager and is generally responsible for maintaining a high quality of service while ensuring timely payment for services provided. This role oversees and manages the daily operation of the billing office to ensure all charges are processed, billed accurately, and any denials or edits are resolved and followed-up on in a timely manner. The role is responsible to work with individual departments and practice staff to support the goals and protocols of revenue cycle workflow or revenue affecting tasks. The individual must be able to process large quantities of data to monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and research any and all barriers to successful revenue cycle management.
• Establishes and monitors auditing and clinical billing office policies and procedures to ensure maximization of revenue for department
• Successful distribution of work among staff members to drive work allocation and productivity management • Ensures timely activity on accounts receivable to generate the highest possible revenue in a compliant manner
• Directs staff of Data Entry, Charge Capture, Cash Posting, Commercial and Government Follow-Up, and Customer Service departments.
• Plans, coordinates, and implements staff training and performance evaluation processes.
• Manages staff; interviews, hires, assigns and directs work, appraises staff performance with rewards and discipline, addresses complaints and resolves issues that may arise, and acts as a mentor for department staff
• Keeps current on reimbursement and billing issues as well as implementing the changes in the business office’s current practices.
• Analyzes, recommends, and implements policies and procedures as needed to maximize reimbursement for all services rendered in compliance with established third-party guidelines.
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization.
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or Healthcare
• 3+ years of supervisory/managerial experience and previous exposure to hospital or physician billing
• HS Diploma
• 7+ years of experience in billing/revenue cycle.
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Basic knowledge of EHR programs, Medical Terminology, ICD-10, CPT, HCPCS codes and coding processes.
• Basic skill level in Microsoft PowerPoint • Knowledge of clinical billing and collection.
• Thorough understanding of healthcare reimbursement and denial management processes.
• Strong written and verbal interpersonal skills.
• Leadership abilities along with communication, analytical, and organizational skills preferred.
• Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word preferred • Ability to develop and implement policies and procedures preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.