Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Ambassador Hospital Concierge
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 153727
Category: Customer Service/Patient Access
Work Type: FT
Location: West Chester, PA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 15, 2022
Work Schedule: Full-time 11:30a-8p
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
General Summary Statement
Delivers on our promise to provide a high quality and supportive welcome to all patients, visitors and families. This position is responsible for greeting and responding to the needs of our patients, volunteers and families by providing information and assistance in a timely manner. Promotes a positive image for the Hospital and Health Systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide a welcome to every patient, family member or visitor in accordance with training.
- Anticipate and respond to patient, visitor, hospital staff and volunteers concerns, expectations or needs in a timely manner.
- Collaborates with patients, visitors, volunteers and hospital staff to deliver a coordinated and seamless service to patients and visitors including patient transportation.
- Escorts patient and visitors to their destination within the hospital.
- Direct visitors and patients to the parking shuttle.
- Assist immobile patients, visitors within the hospital safely and courteously using proper body mechanics.
- Assist patients, visitors and hospital staff with parking and directions in the parking garage.
- Provide other services such as directing to parking valet or shuttle service, calling cabs, coordinating para-transit and providing information regarding local restaurants, hotels, and public transportation services.
- Identifies, reports and provides service recovery for customer service issues.
- Returns patient transportation equipment to the appropriate area.
- Ensure the environment is safe and clean.
- Uses proper telephone etiquette.
- Preserve the confidentiality, privacy and dignity of patient, visitors and hospital staff according to Hospital Policy.
- Maintain professional appearance which includes the wearing red blazer and appropriate attire.
Education Training and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent preferred but not required
Customer service experience and excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
Must have basic computer skills and ability to use office equipment.
Ability to speak, understand, read and write English.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE