Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Regional Manager Post Acute Continuum Svs
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 150792
Work Type: FT
Location: Bala Cynwyd, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Per Departmental needs
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Department: Penn Medicine at Home
Location: Bala Cynwyd
- Serves on the management team for the Sub-Acute & Therapy Services (SATS) Division of the Penn Medicine at Home (PMAH) Entity and also as Regional Interdisciplinary Team Lead for grant work.
- Provides day to day supervision and is accountable for execution of operational, programmatic and personnel activities related to regional health system post-acute care initiatives as well as grant related infection prevention and quality activities. Coordination with facility leaders, state and local health department(s), and the regional Penn Medicine health system and grant teams is an essential function of the role.
- Key Accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- • manage regional interdisciplinary team to optimize LTC Community relationships driving grant and health system outcomes: transitions, quality, infection prevention, etc.
- • operationalize care pathways and programs for optimal results
- • evaluate operational and outcome data for continuous improvement
- • plans, develops, implements, evaluates Program offerings for SATS and existing grant in area of specialization (Infection Prevention, Quality, etc.)
- Participates in the interdisciplinary Sub-Acute & Therapy Services (SATS) Team and serves as the subject matter expert as well as primary resource for unique grant program expertise. Shares accountability for LTC Facilities with emphasis on partnership with Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF), Personal Care Homes(PCH) and Assisted Living Facilities (ALF). Participates in the successful coordination and achievement of Grant and Sub-Acute and Therapy Services goals. Finally, but foundationally, the Regional Manager Post-Acute Continuum Services is accountable to facilitate a highly effective work culture for SATS and its reputation within Penn Medicine a well as among external stakeholders.
- Reports to the Director of Post-Acute Continuum Management/Regional Lead for LTC RISE Grant. Also has indirect reporting relationship to the Associate Director Post-Acute Program Integration as the Program Lead for grant execution and integration with enduring work. The Regional Manager provides direct supervision of the local interdisciplinary team members including Post-Acute Case Managers and Navigators, RN, SW, PI Advisors and IP Nurses with close collaboration with their physician partners.
- Establishes Interdisciplinary Team roles and standards; clearly defines RN, SW, IP, PI and MD roles within the interdisciplinary team to enhance the quality and outcomes of interventions with Health System and LTC Facility Leadership and staff.
- Ensures staff education and training needs associated with all aspects of SATS, grant and community programing are met; identifies goals and resources to prepare the team to meet expectations.
- Develops a framework for specialized programs (IP/Quality) to provide collaborative, coordinated and integrated plans for facilities to effectively engage and improve related outcomes.
- Recommends and implements change required to support interdisciplinary team effectiveness in achieving infection prevention and quality goals through development of routine feedback mechanisms, guidelines, training, educational materials, etc.
- Collects and retains data; monitors its consistency, validity, and reliability. Discusses variations when there are discrepancies that require revision.
- Participates with leadership to review and monitor progress and barriers.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all data, documentation, and correspondence pertaining to outbreak response efforts.
- Registered Nurse - PA
- Pennsylvania RN Licensure
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years clinical quality experience
- Master of Arts or Science
- Supervisory experience
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE