This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 151394
Work Type: FT
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Work Schedule: Evening Shift 2pm - 1030pm
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Penn Medicine Princeton Health is seeking a Full-time Pre and post Analytical Group Lead for the day shift.
Approximately fifty percent of responsibility will be to assist the Pre & Post Analytical Manager with the daily operations of the Laboratory. Able to assume any responsibility as workload or schedule requires for Inpatient, Outpatient, Outreach, and Central Processing. Promotes quality patient/client relations and creates supportive climate by serving as a role model.
1.Assists management in the leadership of the department
- Leads pre-analytical group in daily operations including staffing, work flow, quality and safety
- Knows and understands all processes and procedures to provide training, education and orientation of staff in all laboratory areas
- Documents, investigates, and resolves issues and concerns from customers; patients, other departments, staff, and physicians
- Manages pending logs to identify issues and resolve
- Oversees phlebotomy students during clinical rotations UMCPP
- Primary resource for reference test submission and sample requirements, and is able to effectively utilize available resources for assistance.
- Resolves supply inventory or issues as needed for staff.
- Resolves issues with equipment as needed for staff.
2. Performs quality and efficient registration, test ordering and/or specimen collection and processing
Collect blood via venipuncture and capillary on adults, children, and neonates using established techniques to minimize issues with the sample such as hemolysis, clotting, short draws, incorrect specimen, etc.
- Assures accurate specimen and patient identification throughout the registration, ordering, collection, receiving and processing utilizing the tools and resources available.
- Receiving and processing specimens properly and distributing bloods to designated departments.
- Performs POCT and EKG’s per protocol in areas required.
- Demonstrate proficiency with basic operation of pre-analytical lab automation system when assigned to Central Receiving/Specimen Processing
High School Graduate or Equivalent required
Associate Degree preferred.
Incumbent is required to maintain competency and up-to-date techniques and resources through in-services and attending meetings.
Licensure, Certification or registration requirements:
Professional certification with National Phlebotomy Association or equivalent.We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.