Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Social Worker MSW - Inpatient - Full Time Days at Penn Medicine Princeton House Behavioral Health
Job ID: 153272
Category: Social Work
Work Type: FT
Location: Princeton, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Sep 15, 2022
Work Schedule: Full Time, Days
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Shift: Full Time Days 8am-4pm
Princeton House Behavioral Health is searching for a Full Time Social Worker for our Princeton, NJ location.
Penn Medicine Princeton House Inpatient Behavioral Health is a large accredited psychiatric hospital located in Princeton New Jersey, specializing in treating adult patients from 18 to 60+ years for primary psychiatric and addiction disorders.
Social Work staff provide clinical case management interventions with patients and their families along with individual, family and group therapies. Patient’s present with a range of symptoms and meet with their Psychiatrist, Group Therapist Nursing and Social Work staff daily to support a full range of therapeutic interventions.
This setting offers outstanding opportunities to learn, grow and establish clinical skills. Supervision for clinical staff is provided to support licensing.
- To provide the highest quality comprehensive clinical services that include but not limited to comprehensive assessment, individual, group and family psychotherapy, treatment plan development and coordination, referral relations, discharge planning.
- Conducts an in-depth psychosocial assessment as part of the multidisciplinary assessment (MDA) for assigned patients.
- Responsible for the Social Work section of the master treatment plan (MTP) for assigned patients. Ensures that treatment plans are comprehensive, multidisciplinary, timely and measurable.
- Conducts clinical individual case management, group and family psychotherapy that demonstrate genuineness, empathy, and respect.
- Attends daily treatment rounds, providing input to and receiving input from other members of the treatment team while playing a lead role in terms of case knowledge and background.
- Identify significant changes in patients’ clinical status; documents this in treatment plan reviews and communicates to appropriate member(s) of the treatment team.
- Monitors patient attendance and compliance with treatment planning goals and group curricula.
- Coordinates discharge planning and communicates the plan clearly to both patient and family and all other providers involved.
- In the clinical record, document and a charge for each treatment session and phone contact; completes these activities in accordance with Princeton House documentation policies.
- Interact professionally with patients, families and staff in performance of daily duties.
- Participates in hospital's quality assurance and performance improvement program.
- Attends to continuum of care issues; seeks guidance from and alerts his/her supervisor to any problems or concerns in this area.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Licensed Social Worker (Required)
- Cert Alcohol and Drug Cnslr
- Prefer CADC or LCADC and prior professional experience in addiction treatment.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Master’s degree Social Work, MSW (Required)
- Also must possess experience in the treatment of the specific program’s patient population.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE