Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Service Desk Analyst I
Job ID: 128725
Category: Information Services/Technology/Service Desk/Telecom
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 16, 2022
Work Schedule: 8:00AM-4:30PM, M-F | Hybrid
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- First point of contact for Penn Medicine in providing front-line diagnosis and support for all Information Services problems and/or requests for service. Processes customer requests via phone, Intranet and e-mail with appropriate customer interaction skills. Follows documented procedures and processes. Determines the best resolution workflow from scripts in the Help Desk knowledge management system. Based on the script selected, executes key phases of resolution workflow including problem receipt, triage, resolution and closure (when possible), and problem referral to the designated resolver group. Follows established guidelines for escalating or referring issues to other analysts, resolver groups and/or management. Provides thorough documentation of all reported issues within the Help Desk tracking system. Ensures customer satisfaction with prompt action and professional customer communication.
- Provide excellent services through phone to IT users for basic end user related hardware’s and software’s, desktop related network systems.
- Configuration and resetting the network access accounts whenever required.
- Installation of new hardware’s and software’s.
- Processing software’s and hardware’s by coordinating user setups, installations and upgrades.
- Provide training to end users.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization.
- IS industry technical certification, IS Trade or Technical program completion (Preferred)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- 1+ years experience in an IS help desk or call center environment or technical support/customer service (Preferred).
- 1+ years prior experience in healthcare environment (Preferred).
Skills & Abilities:
- Experience working in a computer environment
- Troubleshooting desktop computer hardware and/or software issues
- Experience with Microsoft applications (e.g. MS Office, Active Directory, Outlook, etc.) is preferred
- Demonstrated aptitude to help solve end user requests for service
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE