This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 150874
Category: Information Services/Technology/Service Desk/Telecom
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 19, 2022
Work Schedule: WILL REQUIRE full or partial on site work
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
The Supervisor IS Contracting manages a team responsible for vendor negotiations, agreement development, contract validation and other vendor agreement tasks, in collaboration with Information Services (IS) leadership. The Supervisor works closely with Corporate Materials Management, Corporate Finance and the Office of General Counsel (OGC) to oversee and ensure that completion of IS agreement / negotiations conform with UPHS policies and procedures. Provides and presents written summaries, forward looking multi-year financial modeling and CAF for IS agreements that are assigned. The individual in this job should be able to handle multiple complex projects with variable timelines and independently prioritize assigned projects.
Supervisor is responsible for the recruitment, training and retention of talented, results oriented team and is expected to clearly define work expectations and ensure responsibilities are being met by each staff member. This is a hands on Supervisor position who will need to balance workload with review of reports/files for accuracy. In addition, ensure all deadlines are being met in a timely fashion. This also includes being easily accessible to staff members, continuously checking in with staff to provide guidance and support, establish and ensure effective and ongoing communication. This position will assign work that uses staff skills, talents, provides challenge, allows for creativity and offers leadership growth. Supervisor will conduct annual performance appraisals and address any performance issues immediately and directly. In addition, assist staff members in addressing challenges and skill deficits and encourage continuous growth to help staff realize full potential by identifying stretch objectives and creating learning plans.
• Manages the IS contracting process including engaging with new IS vendors, working with Corporate Materials Management to renew existing IS contracts with better pricing terms, and consolidating contracts for multiple entities within IS.
• Supervises the day-to-day performance of designated staff and temporary staff, including quality, productivity and workflow.
• Encourages continuous growth and help staff to realize full potential by identifying stretch objectives and creating learning plans. Builds succession plans.
• Develops process and procedures for improvement of existing systems.
• Responsible for ensuring team maintains a master list of all contracts that includes but is not limited to vendor name, purpose, cost per contract, renewal dates, appropriate accounting units and responsible parties. Works with IS management to proactively initiate agreement renewals with sufficient lead time to provide for alternatives, if needed.
• Works effectively with IS leadership and vendors with regards to pricing, length of contract, annual increase terms, IS service levels and ensuring agreement terms meet IS requirements.
• Creates and presents agreement summary documents to IS leadership including multi-year financial cost models that summarize UPHS investment commitment and expected savings and/or cost increases for assigned agreements.
• Reviews draft agreements to ensure terms and conditions are compliant with the established Policy and Procedures set by Materials Management, Finance and OGC.
• Serves as IS liaison with corporate departments including Purchasing, Finance and OGC, as well as serves as an IS contact with outside vendors.
• Well versed in the UPHS signature process and tracks each agreement, quote, order form, CAF, etc. as they proceed through this important phase. Works independently with senior health system management to secure their signatures where needed.
• Maintains a positive approach to issues and concerns as they arise and work to identify and recommend process improvements to direct staff and manager.
• Ensures all agreements and legal documents are stored in PennTract.
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree is required.
• Current Internal Penn Medicine Information Services division employees may be considered with proof of active and continued enrollment in an approved bachelor degree program
• 5+ years of Business experience in areas such as consulting, software contracting, finance, etc. is required
Required Skills and Abilities
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from others
• Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated analytical skills
• Ability to utilize Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Ability to multitask and manage shifting priorities and deadlines, with an ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment
• Strong attention to detail
As part of our COVID-19 response, this position may currently be offering partial or full remote work. However, in the near future this position will require full or partial on-site work.
Be a part of the exciting and ground-breaking upcoming years for the Penn Medicine Information Services department!
Because growth is essential to continuing to meet the current and future needs of patients, Penn Medicine continues to expand its capabilities.
Penn Medicine's Information Services (IS) Department focuses its efforts on the clinical and financial systems that support the day-to-day operations of four hospitals, several satellite practices, and more than 2,000 physicians.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.