Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- This position provides assistance to the Department or Division for accounting, payroll, and general clerical duties. The position sorts, opens, and distributes the incoming mail, organizes physician reimbursements, creates and submits check requests for direct vendor payments and employee reimbursements, communicates accounts payable reimbursement policies with faculty, and reviews faculty reimbursement submissions ensuring all documentation is present per policy prior to submitting for approval.
- Answer, screen, and direct incoming calls to the appropriate personnel.
- Greet and provide information to visitors.
- Sort incoming mail, ensuring that each piece belongs to the department or its physicians.
- Distributes incoming mail/packages to appropriate department/employee.
- Identifies checks from correspondence, sends to the finance team.
- Maintains supply of deposit bags and slips for the department.
- Supports physicians and employees by organizing invoices and reimbursement requests and submitting to the department account payable manager.
- Actively communicates with physicians and employees to obtain needed accounts payable reimbursement documentation.
- Reconciles and reports on physician expense accounts, responds to questions, and correct errors if necessary.
- Responsible for inputting weekly payroll hours into the University payroll system and maintain accurate time reporting paperwork, with appropriate approvals.
- Support accounts payable manager in purchasing functions by obtaining quotes and creating purchase orders.
- Regularly files CME, AP, and PRE documentation, and sends required documents to archiving for appropriate storage lengths.
The position entails a broad range of accounting, payroll, and general clerical duties. In order to manage the diverse set of responsibilities inherent in the position, the incumbent must show the ability to prioritize his/her responsibilities, must have strong analytical skills, and must demonstrate solid interpersonal abilities.
Some of the primary responsibilities would include:
1. Process check requests in Chrome River
2. Oversee Department Supply Ordering (including Requests to Purchase and Inventory Management)
3. Monitor open encounter report and send daily communication
4. Manage all Non-Patient Revenue Payments (Deposit Checks and Process Credit Cards)
5. Prepare quarterly invoices for external EAP clients.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- H.S. Diploma/GED and 0-1 years Accounts payable experience required.
- Business or Computer School and 1+ Medical office experience preferred.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.