Job ID: 151312
Category: Clinical Support
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 20, 2022
Work Schedule: WILL REQUIRE full or partial on site work
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
· Performs appropriately requested processing on all types of laboratory specimens
· Perform phlebotomy for patients aged infant through older adult, for diagnostic testing.
· Adheres to Penn Medicine’s policies and procedures and conforms to all safety practices.
· Process a variety of clinical specimens for diagnostic laboratory testing, and access associated records
· Maintains the confidentiality of health information on all patients
Required Education and Experience
· High School Diploma or GED required. Phlebotomy training and experience in hospital setting preferred.
· Prior experience in hospital laboratory receiving area preferred.
Required Skills and Abilities
· Phlebotomy skills. Broad knowledge of laboratory tests, Experience with Microsoft Office preferred.
· Prior experience with Cerner Millennium and EPIC APM preferred.
· Strong interpersonal skills and creative abilities
As part of our COVID-19 response, this position may currently be offering partial or full remote work. However, in the near future this position will require full or partial on-site work.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.