Job ID: 153567
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 20, 2022
Work Schedule: Days
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
The dedicated Resource Nurse we seek will work in the role of primary and/or associate nurse within the professional practice model and will demonstrate the core values, which reflects the hospital's mission. Assuming responsibility for the plan of care and utilizing the Nursing process in the delivery of care, you will facilitate the coordination of care across the continuum, and demonstrate safe practice within the domains of clinical judgment and decision making, nurse-patient/family relationship, clinical leadership and clinical scholarship. In addition, you will maintain a safe level of knowledge and skill with technical procedures and interpersonal communication, while demonstrating the knowledge and skill necessary to provide the expected standards.
· Professional Practice Competency Domains Definitions
· Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI): The nurse utilizes data and QI methods to identify potential and actual problems and opportunities to provide care that is safe, timely, efficient, effective, and equitable.
· Evidence Based Practice and Research: The nurse evaluates and integrates best current evidence with clinical expertise and patient and family preferences and values for the delivery of optimal health care and system effectiveness.
· Leadership: The nurse effectively collaborates and applies innovative, systems thinking to engage in systematic, evidence-based problem solving and decision making to promote effective changes within a complex care delivery system supporting the vision of Penn Medicine.
· Person and Family Centered Care: The nurse recognizes the patient (or the patient’s designee) as the source of control and a full partner in providing compassionate and coordinated care based on respect for the patient’s preferences, values, and needs.
· Professionalism: The nurse demonstrates a commitment to the nursing profession through lifelong learning, adherence to ANA’s Code of Ethics for Nurses, participation in a professional organization and advancing community outreach.
· Safety: The nurse minimizes risk of harm to patients, families, providers and self through system effectiveness and individual performance.
· Technology/Informatics: The nurse utilizes appropriate information and technology to communicate, manage knowledge, mitigate error, and support decision making across the continuum.
· Teamwork: The nurse effectively engages in the process of cooperation, coordination, and collaboration in an effort to provide for safe, quality outcomes for patients within inter and intra-professional teams, including virtual teams
• The qualified candidate must be a graduate of a NLN approved school of professional nursing, have a BSN, and licensure as a registered professional nurse in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
• The candidate must have 5 or more years’ experience as an RN in the United States. IV skills, BCLS, and ACLS are required. Must possess and demonstrate the skills and competencies to work in any unit in the assigned group in our critical care and cardiology division.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.