Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Disease Team Program Coordinator
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 152929
Work Type: PT 20+ HOURS
Location: West Chester, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Part-Time Day Shift
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Disease Team Program Coordinator works with multiple interdisciplinary health care teams to facilitate best practices associated with high risk disease populations. Under the direction of the Manager of clinical performance and outcomes the Disease Team Program Coordinator works with Heart Failure, COPD, and Sepsis programs to support the implementation of best practices based on evidence based care. The position requires expert communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with all multi-disciplinary health teams at Chester County Hospital.
- Works with other disease specific coordinators to understand and apply current clinical practice guidelines and evidence based practices for the standardization of care.
- Evaluates identified patient records for compliance with evidence based standards of care for disease specific populations.
- Participates and collaborates with entity quality groups to support strategies to improve entity based Penn Medicine team goals and disseminate data as necessary.
- Initiates face to face communication with nurses, attending/consulting physicians and other health care providers to discuss, confirm or make suggestions regarding patient management and evidence based standards.
- Interfaces with interdisciplinary care team, patients, and families as needed to support discharge needs, and address readmission risks. Provides timely notification to continuum of care social workers for patients that require post discharge follow up. Follows readmission trends and reports back identified areas of opportunity.
- Collaborates with other disease team clinical experts to identify and address opportunities for formal and informal education for nursing and health care providers, as well as address departmental education as needed.
- Participates in community outreach via health screenings and educational presentations as needed
- For assigned populations remains current with American Heart Association (AHA) guidelines, accountability for Get With the Guidelines registry, and initiatives to maintain AHA Quality care award status.
- Participates in system wide meetings for assigned populations, along with other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization.
- Maintains partnership with external abstractors to ensure accuracy in Quality data abstraction.
- Registered Nurse - PA (Required)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Nursing (Required)
- BSN degree and 5+ years experience in critical care/cardiovascular nursing. Must document a minimum of 8 hours of heart failure specific education, and an additional 8 hours of cardiovascular related education annually. Familiar with GWTG recommended.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE