Job ID: 152564
Work Type: PER DIEM
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Sep 21, 2022
Work Schedule: Day Shift, Sundays, Per Diem
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Provide reception, clerical, and data entry services for the Penn Medicine at Princeton Health, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation - Pelvic Wellness department.
1. Answer telephones in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner. Screen all calls. Direct calls to proper staff or areas.
2. Greet patients and visitors, ascertain needs and respond appropriately as directed by policy and procedures.
3. Accurately post charges for all outpatient services in appropriate systems.
4. Transcribe and type documents, reports, memos, and correspondence as directed.
5. Register new patients in the appropriate program and schedule patients for evaluation and follow up appointments in appropriate program as needed. Take messages accurately and relay messages promptly
6. Maintain files in accordance with department procedure.
7. Prepare copy work for various departments when requested.
8. Transcribe and type documents, reports, memos, and correspondence as directed.
9. Sort and distribute all mail accurately on a daily basis.
10. Manage and order office supplies as needed. Maintain office equipment, calling for repairs when necessary.
11. Provide cross-coverage, as necessary, for benefit verification and patient registration.
12. Cover for senior secretary in her/his absence.
13. Support customer service and performance improvement goals of the department; collaborate with other caregivers/staff, within and outside the department, to develop means of enhancing patient care and service.
14. Maintain standards of confidentiality.
15. Participate in unit compliance as related to established standards.
16. Other duties and projects as assigned.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.