Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Department of Medicine Rotational Trainee
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 153254
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 22, 2022
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The OAR (Over and Above Rotation) is a 12-month rotational program initiated by the Department of Medicine. This program is for those internal candidate interested in a career in finance, revenue cycle, operations or grant management fields. The purpose of the program is to identify and foster those individuals that are interested in these areas and who have obtained relevant degrees but have little to no experience. This program is looking for high performers in their current area.
- This OAR Fellow would be rotating three months each in the following disciplines within the Department of Medicine and learning the below mentioned tasks:
- DOM Finance/ Accounting
- Month-end University Bill process for DOM Central
- Reconcile University Bill for all DOM divisions
- Analyze financials for one DOM division and present to COO and CFO the monthly results
- Participate in the budget process
- Learn Chrome River (Accounts Payable) and Purchase Order processing
- DOM PSOM Grant and Sponsored Project Management
- Sponsored Program @Penn (Grants, Effort Reporting) understanding
- Faculty Affairs Overview (Tracks, Recruitment, Hire, RTR by type)
- Recruitment (faculty & staff); Workday (Overview, Faculty Pay Plan, intersection between (CPUP & Univ)
- University Financial System overview (Chart of Account, Business at Penn, Data Warehouse, Concur)
- Fund types and purpose; how University business impacts CPUP (Missions, Scholarly, Indirects)
- Revenue Recognition (Federal and Event Based accounting)
- DOM Revenue Cycle:
- Process prior to A/R- Secure Rates, Charge Entry, Charge Review and Charge Lag.
- Accounts Receivable- Claim Edits and Follow Workqueue Resolution
- Revenue Cycle Metrics- Snapshot, Gross Days in A/R, A/R Aging, and Claim Denial,
- Bad Debt Calculation and Impact
- MAPs vs. Non-MAP Charging Workflow
- DOM Operations
- Learn about 13 division administration/practice managers and gain understanding of management/interworking’s of clinical operations
- Understand metrics and work to help DOM achieve top quartile performance
- Help DOM achieve new patient visit targets and total patients under management growth targets.
- Learn how to maximize financial performance of the clinics through the development and implementation of management techniques to optimize revenue and control costs.
- Gains knowledge on medical systems such as EPIC, Tableau, Penn Diver, Qgenda, etc.
- Acquire compliance with institutional and national practice standards, applicable laws and board policies. Understand current regulatory standards.
- Gain insights of the principles and practices of healthcare planning and management sufficient to manage, direct and coordinate the operation of large physician group practices.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- Accounting, Finance, Business Management, Economics, Operations
Minimum of 2 years in a CPUP Department of Medicine area
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE