Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
FT Mental Health Technician - Nights @ PPMC Psych Unit
Job ID: 154241
Category: Behavioral Health/Psychology
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 23, 2022
Work Schedule: Night
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Delivers patient care that is patient and family centered. Incorporates team focused, collegial relationships to ensure patient safety and improve outcomes. Maintains organizational competencies of superior quality care, critical thinking and interpersonal skills. Demonstrates accountability to the patient, family, self and the healthcare team. Provides superior quality care and assumes responsibility and accountability for their role in performance outcomes while promoting the core values of the UPHS health system.
- Assists with and de-escalates agitated or aggressive patients, may involve use of restraint and seclusion.
- Performs room safety checks for suicide precautions.
- Completes rounding for safety on each patient every fifteen minutes with appropriate documentation.
- Assists patients with activities of daily living as assigned.
- Monitor vital signs, completes EKG as ordered.
- Assists with supporting group activities.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- CPR certification required
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- from an accredited program in an area of human services, which includes, but may not be limited to the following: sociology, political science, counseling, criminal justice, pastoral counseling, elementary/special education of family therapy.
Prior behavioral health experience preferred but not required.
Certified Nursing Assistant Certification preferred
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- plus two (2) years direct care experience in human service field involving direct contact with the individual receiving services.
Completion of 12 credits in an accredited program in an area of human services or nursing. At minimum the program must be an Associate’s, Bachelor’s, medical assistant, LPN or nursing program. If the MHT IS currently enrolled in a school program, employment may be based on an internship or placement through the individual’s undergraduate program once 12 credits have been completed. No experience requirement. Plus increased supervision provided by a clinical supervisor or by a peer with at least one year of experience with the provider. Individual supervision must be conducted for at least one hour per week for full-time staff or one half-hour per week for staff working less than 20 hours per week, for at least the first six months. Regular supervision to be decided by the provider must be ongoing beyond this period. In addition, the provider must implement an individualized training plan.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE