Job ID: 150612
Work Type: FT
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Location: Plainsboro, NJ
Hours: Full-Time, 40 hours per week
Available Shift Hours: Third Shift Overnight: 11pm - 6:30 am, Thursdays thru Mondays night, Days OFF: Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
***Overnight shift will benefit from shift differential rates 11pm - 6:30 am
Why join our amazing Princeton Penn Medicine Maintenance Team?
This is an opportunity to join a team of maintenance professionals in a high paced and rewarding healthcare environment. You will have the opportunity to interface with patients and visitors on a daily basis while keeping our grounds safe and properly maintained.
Benefits You'll Receive at Princeton/Penn Medicine:
· Generous Paid Time Off benefits, including seven paid holidays that will give you the work-life balance today’s world needs
· Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription coverage plan options that best fit your personal & family needs
· Tuition Assistance for both Part-Time (20+ hours) and Full-time (40 hours) employees. ( 0.5 FTE and over)
· Flexible Health Savings Accounts (FSA/HAS) to save pre-tax dollars to use towards your personal & family medical costs
· 403b Retirement Savings, Penn Home Ownership Services, Commuter Benefits, Pet Insurance and Pension
· Access to company paid life insurance, temporary disability. Employee discounts and perks, including but not limited to free secure employee-only parking, optional life insurance and other. Please click on this LINK for more information regarding our amazing benefits package.
Key Skills for Success:
· Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent teamwork and communication skills
· Ability to follow verbal instructions
· Exceptional customer service skills
Acting under the general direction of an Engineering Manager, the Facility System Technician performs a wide variety of duties, the purpose of which is to repair, maintain and/or enhance the physical operation of the facility and its components. The following list of duties would apply. This is not intended to be an exclusive listing.
· Troubleshooting – to evaluate a maintenance problem and take action or actions to correct said problem in an efficient and professional manner.
· Mechanical – to apply knowledge of and demonstrate advanced competency in general mechanical maintenance. Such duties include but are not limited to:
o Repair of beds, hand controls, and pillow speakers.
o Remove and/or replace small motors.
o Repair of medium appliances and/or machinery.
o Repair of building elements and/or furnishing
· Electrical – to apply knowledge of and demonstrate advanced competency in general electrical maintenance. Such duties include but are not limited to:
o Change and/or repair switches, outlets, and plugs.
o Change lighting tubes, bulbs, and ballasts.
o Perform electrical safety checks of hospital and patient owned equipment.
o Replace TV’s
o Perform basic troubleshooting and repair of small to medium electrical equipment, i.e. contractors, motor starters, timers, etc
· Emergency duties –
o Snow – removal of all ice and snow from areas owned and operate by The Medical Center.
o Fire – respond and lend assistance to assure the safety of patients, visitors and the staff in the event of fire, including the proper use of fire extinguishers.
o Natural Disasters – lend aid and assistance in the event of any disaster, participates in disaster plan.
Required Education and Experience
· High School graduate, and/or four (4) year apprenticeship preferred
· Six (6) years general maintenance experience or equivalent preferred. Experience in related specialty preferred, i.e. electrical, plumbing, HVAC/R etc.
Licenses, Registrations, and Certifications
· Maintains a valid Driver’s License, CDL license a plus
As part of our COVID-19 response, this position may currently be offering partial or full remote work. However, in the near future this position will require full or partial on-site work.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.