Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Orders Tracking Nurse Coordinator-LPN
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 154574
Work Type: FT
Location: Bala Cynwyd, PA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 26, 2022
Work Schedule: M-F, Day Shift
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Supports the department's operations by faxing and sending all physician orders for signature via mailing, faxing or electronically. Assists with tracking and reporting physician orders compliance in accordance with the policies and procedures of Penn Medicine at Home (PMAH).
- Processes Interim Orders and Plans of Care daily and according to department procedure. Processes orders returned daily by stamping the date the order was received in Agency and updating Epic system with date order returned.
- Faxes or electronically sends orders to physician for signature daily. Follows up with MD once orders remain unsigned for 7 days. Facilitates timely completion of signatures.
- Communicates directly with physician practices and clinical care teams to identify and correct all errors in order entry. Corrects OASIS information when applicable and with permission of completing clinician. Coordinates and facilitates telephone contact as needed/requested and assists with identifying possible resources.
- Notifies Clinical Manager immediately with any order that has physician notation. Notifies Clinical Manager daily of orders that are out of compliance.
- Reviews orders daily for completeness and processes orders for physician signature. Enters all pertinent order information into orders tracking database daily. Tracks orders daily according to department processes.
- Calls physician providers to verify patient, phone/fax number and/or mailing information. Maintains current/accurate list of physician contact information to be used for mailing/faxing of orders for physician signature. Updates PennChart via ticket entry.
- Analyzes custom reports in orders tracking database to highlight trends and potential issues. Assists with daily/weekly numbers for Penn Medicine Home Health orders compliance rates by running report from orders tracking database.
- Supports the Penn Patient Experience program by utilizing scripted responses and tools to promote and maintain a responsive, knowledgeable, and accessible approach to all internal and external customer contacts. Maintains effective communication and working relationships with all agency staff and administration.
- Licensed Practical Nurse (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Graduate of an NLN accredited licensed practical nursing program 3+ years Nursing Experience, preferably in home care or hospice
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE