Job ID: 152478
Work Type: FT
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Sep 27, 2022
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Acting under the general direction of an Engineering Manager, the Maintenance Plumber-Pipefitter performs a wide variety of duties, the purpose of which is to repair, maintain and/or enhance the physical operation of the facility and its components.
In addition to being responsible for all general duties of a Maintenance Plumber/Pipefitter, the following list of duties would apply. This is not intended to be an exclusive listing.
· Troubleshooting – to evaluate any appropriate maintenance problem and take action or actions to correct said problem in an efficient and professional manner as it would apply to the Plumbing-Pipefitting trade
· Plumbing Repair – to apply knowledge of and demonstrate proficiency in maintaining plumbing and piping systems and components.
· Installation – to apply knowledge of and demonstrate proficiency in the installation of new plumbing and piping systems and components
· Emergency duties including: Snow - removal of al lice and snow of areas owned and operated by PHCS Fire - respond and lend assistance to ensure the safety of patients and visitors and the staff in the event of fire including the proper use of fire extinguishers Natural disasters – lend aid and assistance in the event of any disaster, participate in disaster plan
· Maintains standards of confidentiality.
· Consults with and keeps Manager informed of activities, needs and problems.
· Assures that all safety tests and preventative maintenance performed is properly documented and other documentation as required.
· Maintain established hospital and departmental policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance, environmental and infection control, and
· comply with codes and requirements of accreditation and regulatory agencies.
· Maintains professional growth and development through educational programs, seminars, workshops, etc.
· Care for and maintains supplies, equipment and work areas, remove trash and debris from job area.
· Requisition supply and equipment needs.
· Assists other employees in the performance of trade or other assignments, and performs the same duties as a Maintenance Mechanic A.
· Performs all other related duties as assigned.
· Supports customer service and performance improvement goals of the department; collaborates with other caregivers/staff, within and outside the Department, to develop means of enhancing patient care and service.
· Participates in unit compliance as related to established standards.
Required Education and Experience
· High School graduate, and/or four (4) year apprenticeship preferred.
· Eight (8) years of plumbing-pipefitter maintenance or construction experience preferred.
Licenses, Registrations, and Certifications
· Licensed Plumber in State of New Jersey a plus
· Maintain a valid Driver’s License
As part of our COVID-19 response, this position may currently be offering partial or full remote work. However, in the near future this position will require full or partial on-site work.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.