Job ID: 153645
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 28, 2022
Work Schedule: Day
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
PENN URGENT CARE CENTER IS LOOKING FOR A FULL-TIME RADIOGRAPHER FOR THE DELANCY INTERNAL MEDICINE LOCATION!!!
JOB SUMMARY: The Radiographer utilizes medical imaging equipment to create images of patients for the physician to use in the diagnosis of injuries and disease
• Reviews x-ray requisitions to determine type of exam. Takes and documents the clinical history and reviews ordered prior to the imaging of the patient. If changes in the exam are necessary follows procedure for noting those changes in the system
• Maintains accurate records for individual patient exams. Properly executes scan by utilizing the appropriate protocol based on the patient history
• Operates and troubleshoots radiographic and darkroom equipment. Performs QA on images
• Maintains necessary inventory of supplies for assigned room or work area as needed
• Keeps imaging room, equipment, changing areas, common or hall space clean and organized. Rotates stock in an orderly fashion
• Completes all related documentation and distributes images to proper area for reading
• Call in results as determined by the provider
• Completes exams in the system and makes changes as necessary, documents appropriate procedure code for billing purpose
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Licenses, Registrations, and Certifications:
Req: Completion of an AMA approved Radiologic Technology program with registry by the ARRT
Req: H.S. Diploma/GED
Pref: 1+ years radiography experience
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.