This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 147688
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Sep 28, 2022
Work Schedule: Per Departmental Needs
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
1.Assigns duties, post locations and equipment to Officers and makes Security/Safety related decisions on shift in absence of Security Manager or Director.
2. Makes in-depth investigations of occurrences relating to security, fire and safety.
3. Evaluates emergency situations to determine the amount of personnel required and dispatches officers to locations.
4. Has oversight of daily logs and all Security/Safety occurrences, and can provide monthly shift statistics.
5. Reports fire and safety hazards and acts as Fire Marshal in absence of Fire Marshall and Assistant Fire Marshall.
6. Trains new employees in departmental procedures and assists Director with in-
7. Speaks to employee groups regarding hospital security.
8. Must be thoroughly familiar with and implement hospital disciplinary procedures and policies.
9. Must assume responsibility for and maintain service for Security vehicles.
10. Is overall responsible for shift activities in Penn Tower and will directly supervise and/or make pertinent decisions involving officers and/or activities.
11. Participates in hospital wide programs as appropriate i.e. HIPPA, Patient Safety etc.
Required Education and Experience:
· High school diploma or GED required.
· Two years previous experience in the security, military or law enforcement field preferred.
· New hires will be assigned to a training period of 2 to 4 weeks, to learn buildings, clock rounds, fire and other alarms this is required.
Required Certifications and Licenses:
· Valid state driver’s license required prior to employment.
· Pennsylvania Act 235 certification required within one year of hire date. Note: All Security Officers will either possess their PA Act 235, or must obtain this certification, within the first year of employment as a contingency of hire
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.