Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Senior Director, Service Line & Network Integration
Job ID: 154610
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 5, 2022
Work Schedule: 8:00AM-4:30PM, M-F | Hybrid
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Senior Director of Service Line & Network Integration in conjunction with the CAO, oversees and directs 1. Disease specific and multidisciplinary strategic planning, pathways, innovation, and integration, 2. Network and market strategy for the Cancer Service Line (CSL), and the financial management of the cancer service line corporate budget and incentive program. The Senior Director will partner with the CSL multidisciplinary disease teams to establish disease team priorities, foster integration and alignment across UPHS, and support projects and programs focused on pathways, quality, and innovation. As the administrative leader of the CSL Network and Market Strategy Committee, the Senior Director will work with CSL leadership, hospital leadership, and department leadership in assessing and implementing new market activities. The Senior Director will support budget and fiscal planning for the CSL and will manage the fund accounting and utilization for the CSL and Disease Team incentive programs. Finally, the Senior Director will partner across UPHS and other service lines to explore best practices and seek opportunities enhance value for our cancer populations.
- A key competency for the incumbent will include leading innovative teams across service lines, strategic partnerships, and business plans that are specific to the service line while also fulfilling broader strategies for the health system.
- The Senior Director will also be expected to independently represent the service line throughout the organization and with outside partners. The Senior Director of Service Line & Network Integration is required to execute work at the highest level of the organization while navigating a highly matrixed and ever-growing group of stakeholders
- Build flexible and robust disease team infrastructure to respond quickly to health reform, market forces, and the rapidly improving world of patient-centered care. Report on the Service Line Current State quarterly, as it pertains to volumes, program and financial trends, and any notable changes.
- Provide leadership for disease team care pathways, implementing and overseeing the ongoing success of clinical pathways and programs while engaging stakeholders across the health system, clinical disciplines and research arms to innovate and to support both advanced care and care standardization.
- Translate career pathways and programs into appropriate business and marketing plans for both external campaigns as well relates to the growth and maturation of network affiliations.
- Collaborate with the CAO to lead the CSL Network and Market Strategy Committee. The committee is inter-entity and multidisciplinary and is focused on exploring growth and integration opportunities across our expanding region.
- In conjunction with the CAO, oversee and direct the financial management of the cancer service line. Financial management includes the development and monitoring of annual operating and capital budgets across the service line, the development of fiscal plans and the monitoring of these plans for disease team and quality initiatives, and the management of financial planning for cancer service line growth opportunities.
- Collaborate with Service Line Director of Quality to develop and maintain appropriate quality, financial and operational metrics and dashboards; support performance improvement across teams through the use of metric identification and reporting, where appropriate; incorporate bundled payment programs as appropriate.
- Engage and work across service lines to ensure alignment in goals, system care and strategy, as required or as assigned.
- Collaborate with CSL Shared Services Clinics on strategies to optimize organizational development, access, and operations of the service line as it continues to grow. Work closely with service line marketing and liaison teams to implement strategies integrating market development, operations and quality strategies to effectively support service line growth and integration.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Master's Degree (Required); preferably an MBA, MHA or MPH.
- 7+ years of experience in Healthcare or related field (Required).
- Experience in business development (Preferred).
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to use Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to use Microsoft SharePoint
- Experience with Project Management tools and methods
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff
- Demonstrated consultative, team building, and group facilitative skills
- Experience in the healthcare industry, ideally with a strong understanding of clinical care delivery, provider financials, and major industry trends impacting health care providers
- Motivated, high-energy individual; anticipates and removes roadblocks to meet deadlines and deliver work products efficiently
- Able to lead and influence a cross-functional group of leaders to consensus and action
- A thoughtful individual, politically astute with strong diplomatic skills.
- Outstanding relationship building skills
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE