Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Department of Physical Plant at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania is seeking a Full-Time Multi-Skilled Electrician:
- Maintenance, installation, repair, adjustment and operation of electric systems and equipment.
- Tests equipment and performs preventive maintenance on emergency generators, fire alarms, etc.
- When needed, perform repairs and installation of basic Plumbing systems; HVAC systems; Carpentry and Lock repairs; Painting, Patching and Wall Coverings.
- Installation of and repairs of lighting fixtures, receptacles, switches, transformers, control and feeder wiring and all types of raceways.
- Installations and trouble shooting of alarm equipment and other alarm devices and systems.
- Perform weekly emergency generator testing and monthly generator inspection.
- Perform preventive maintenance of electrical equipment.
- Operates and trouble-shoots electric generators, automatic switches, motors, magnetic starters, contactors, nurse call systems and overhead page systems, underground electrical circuits and systems and electrical distribution and control centers.
- Performs electrical shut-downs as requested for repair or construction needs.
- Knowledge of Philadelphia electrical codes and standards.
- Works with blueprints and schematic designs.
- Performs multi-skilled work as assigned.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- 4+ years Specialized training or a recognized apprenticeship course and full time electrical experience with a bona fide electrical contractor or employer (Required)
- Experience in Healthcare facilities (Preferred)
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.