This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 155659
Category: Nurse Practitioner/ Physician Assistant
Work Type: PER DIEM
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Per-Diem
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Penn Medicine is seeking per-diem Advanced Practice Providers to work with the medicine hospitalist group at Pennsylvania Hospital. The group currently consists of 23 Hospitalists, 9 APP’s and Internal Medicine residents.
· Inpatient rounding on general medicine patients
· Medicine consults
· Providing continuous inpatient coverage on the units and in observation
· Admissions to the general medicine service
· Conduct in-patient rounds
· Conduct history and physical on patients on medicine service
· Evaluation and treatment of patients
· Coordination of admissions and discharge planning
· Issuing orders for medications, treatments and lab tests
· Write discharge summaries
· Current licensure as an RN and Nurse Practitioner in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
· Acute Care Board Certification Required.
· Current licensure as a Physician Assistant in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
· Certification as a Physician Assistant & Master’s degree required.We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.