Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
OR Technologist- Endo - Full time @ HUP
Job ID: 156711
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 10, 2022
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The OR Technologist II in the Radnor Surgery Center (RSC), in cooperation with the entire patient care team, assists in maintaining the physical environment, sets up and maintains equipment and supplies for operating and procedure room, assists all members of the team, performs appropriate patient care activities, ensures correct documentation and daily log maintenance, complies with standards and regulatory functions, participates with managing supplies and inventory, and assists with recognition of any signs or symptoms of untoward patient responses in the Radnor Surgery Center.
- Performs as an assistant to the attending physician and anesthesia provider, under the direction of the attending physician.
- Remains caring and attentive to each patient, demonstrating patient-centered care.
- Within the context of Relationship Based Care, establishes and maintains effective interpersonal relationships with other health team members.
- Demonstrates principles of aseptic technique in clinical practice. Instrument decontamination at point of use, disinfects and ensures proper functioning of flexible endoscopes and surgical instruments.
- Wears recommended PPE and complies with other infection control requirements. Practices proper hand hygiene according the CDC guidelines.
- Prepares the assigned operating or procedure room, cleans the assigned room before procedures, in-between and after each patient encounter, and ensures ongoing availability of equipment and supplies according to the needs of the planned procedure.
- Documents appropriate patient information for the electronic record.
- Maintains required daily logs.
- Appropriately handles and labels all tissues / specimens using established guidelines.
- Notifies supervisor of any defect /damage in equipment, and prepares equipment which needs to be sent in for repair.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
- Makes professional use of downtime to enhance and improve the patient experience.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- 1-3 years of GI or Operating room experience
Possess two years of continuous recent surgical technologist experience.
Graduate of a Accredited Surgical Technology School
Graduate of a Surgical Technologist training program or practical nurse program.
Should have no performance management issues within the last year.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE