Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Penn Medicine Academy Coordinator
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 156761
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 11, 2022
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Working under moderate supervision, the Penn Medicine Academy (PMA) Coordinator is responsible for a broad range of administrative duties to support the day-to-day operations of the Vice President, Learning and Organization Development, and Penn Medicine Academy.
- Provide administrative assistance to Vice President of Learning and Organizational Development - e.g., scheduling and calendar management, preparation of meeting materials, conferences, organizing, answering phone, taking messages, processing reimbursements, etc.
- Provide program coordination – e.g., scheduling of classes and facilitators, room reservations in DaySmart, pre-work distribution for all of PMA courses, in person and virtual (New Employee Orientation, Focus courses, Outpatient Penn Medicine Experience, etc.). Send course reminders to executive faculty and registered attendees. Provide transportation and access instructions. Answer all questions on process and program policy.
- Manage class listings in the Learning Management System (LMS) and coordinate the waiting list. Process course evaluations, give credit, close classes and send out surveys to attendees.
- Submit and track Chrome River requests for invoicing, purchase orders for expenses/purchases and submit to appropriate department for multiple accounting units. Provide monthly reconciliation of INR reports and purchase orders. Submit Learning Ambassador pay forms for review, sign off and processing.
- Provide general administrative support for the department - e.g., organizing storage, mail shipping and distribution, faxing, ordering supplies, distributing parking passes, logging account information, lists of vendors, etc. Coordinate all departmental events and set up including but not limited to retreats, direct report, monthly staff meetings, holiday events, celebrations, and others ensuring catering, agendas, invites and guest speakers are in line. Assist manager with onboarding and exiting of employees – e.g., ordering business cards, distribution/retrieval of cell phones, building security access, updating phone lists, organizational charts, distribution lists, etc.
- Provide operational support for large scale meetings - town halls, leadership forums and PMA courses. Provide audio/visual and tech support for virtual offerings as needed and/or classroom-led learning across multiple platforms. Book internal and external conference space and media platforms for events and trainings. Serve as point of contact for general departmental questions and functions, such as directions, parking, mail delivery, etc. Enter guests into the visitor management system (Passage Point) for building access. Maintain and distribute parking passes to staff/visitors, as needed.
- Process all Professional Development requests received in ChromeRiver within 30 days of receipt. Verify eligibility of participants and expenses to ensure alignment with policy and produce monthly professional development tracking reports. Partner with HR to develop and grow the program and its policies.
- Provide general building support: oversee maintenance of Ricoh copier/printers and other general equipment - service calls/inform, order supplies and toners, and recycling of materials. Assist with deliveries -sign off, distribution of supplies, etc. Submit tenant maintenance requests - e.g., temperature adjustments, lights, service calls, etc., Receipt and distribution of building notices; coordinate maintenance calls with vendors and building - e.g., obtain Certificate of Insurance, add to Daily Access Report (DAR), etc. Attend annual safety officer training conducted by building, maintaining protocols, policies and emergency manuals for leaders and other designated Safety Officers.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Required Education and ExperienceH.S. Diploma/GED is required (Bachelor’s Degree is preferred)
- H.S. Diploma/GED is required (Bachelor’s Degree is preferred)
- 5+ years of Executive/C level administrative experience
Required Skills and Abilities
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Ability to multi-task
- Must be attentive to detail
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Must utilize sound judgment
- Exhibit a high level of professionalism
<b>As part of our COVID-19 response, this position may currently be offering partial or full remote work. However, in the near future this position will require full or partial on-site work.</b>
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE