Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Executive Assistant, UPHS Senior Leadership
Job ID: 157059
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 13, 2022
Work Schedule: 8:00AM-4:30 PM, M-F | Onsite
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Executive Assistant, UPHS Senior Leadership provides advanced administrative support to an assigned executive to maximize productivity and efficiency. Primary responsibilities include calendar management and scheduling, screening phone calls and providing preliminary information to internal and external callers, as well as preparing various forms, mailings and reports. Assists with additional administrative needs in the Executives Office, including covering duties for other Executive Assistants when needed. Presents a welcoming culture and environment to all staff, stakeholders, and guests. Reports to the Executive Assistant to the CEO.
- Conduct extensive calendar coordination and preparation of daily schedules and daily confirmation of all appointments; Maintain an active listing of recurring meetings and their participants for both executives.
- Arrange domestic and international travel
- Prepare and submit monthly expense reimbursements
- Screen incoming phone calls, business correspondence and retrieve voicemails, providing preliminary information to internal and external callers as appropriate, and directing inquires and calls as needed
- Prepare agendas, transcribe meeting minutes and debrief from notes to follow-up on deliverables, when necessary
- Prepare and/or edit presentations and other documentation when requested by executives
- Organize and/or participate in projects as needed. Coordinate and participate in events.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization.
- H.S. Diploma/GED and 5+ years of prior administrative experience supporting a senior level executive
- Bachelor's Degree and 2+ years of prior administrative experience supporting a senior level executive
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Word
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed structure
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Attentive to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE