Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 155648
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: 8:00AM-4:30PM, M-F | Hybrid
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Alliance Executive, Strategic Partnerships will serve as the designated leader to work for Penn Medicine in operationalizing the vision and all aspects of strategic partnerships across Penn Medicine and its affiliates along with supporting the alliance and governance structure between Penn Medicine and designated alliance organization(s). Reporting to the Vice President of Strategic Partnerships at Penn Medicine, the incumbent will be accountable to the Governance Council and both organizations in all aspects of the strategic alliance.
- Work with the Governance Council and the co-chairs of subcommittees in ensuring that there is alignment with the meeting schedules and conformance to the guiding principles of the strategic alliance, and how prioritized initiatives should be carried executed. This will include assuring that the agendas and minutes of subcommittees and the GC are developed and distributed in a timely manner.
- Serve as the lead executive interface between Penn and strategic partners at the senior leadership and operational levels in facilitating and advancing key initiatives across all critical areas. This will require understanding and working through shared governance levels, entity leadership, and partnership forums to launch specific initiatives successfully.
- Ensure a visible presence at various organizations and participation in select leadership meetings as requested to help bridge linkages within the partnership. Working with co-chairs of the GC, to ensure that senior management of both organizations receive regular updates of the alliance’s activities.
- Confirm the GC’s approval of expenses for all projects before initiation and make sure stakeholders for various initiatives work within scope and timelines, with a rigorous discipline for timely updates to the GC. Shepherd business and programmatic transactions including but not limited to, joint ventures, mergers, consulting agreements, employment, and alignment vehicles through business planning, due diligence assessments, contracting structuring and legal compliance, implementation, and execution. Demonstrate confidence and experience with facilitating non-binding and binding contractual agreements proposed by Penn Medicine dependent on sound market assessments, financial projections/ROI, and negotiations of terms necessary to complete the transaction(s).
- Understand and quickly demonstrate superior awareness of cultures and specifics on key initiatives/projects, with the ability to identify quickly potential areas of conflict or need for early resolution by appropriate stakeholders. Demonstrate an exceptional ability to effectively maneuver complex situations with multiple stakeholders.
- Integrate regional strategy planning between Penn and aligned partners that focus on the expansion of clinical program needs for the community. Create and foster a culture and an environment that strengthens physician interaction at programmatic and individual levels across both organizations as a foundation for making the strategic partnerships successful.
- Identify and bring forward opportunities for collaboration, as well as any obstacles that impede the ability to realize our vision.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
- Driver's License (Required)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree and 5+ years of experience in large academic and Community Health Systems, or moderate sized health systems (Required)
- Master's Degree, MBA, MHA or equivalent (Preferred)
- Experience in consulting, academic medical centers and/or large health systems with matrix relationships (Preferred)
- Master's Degree - MBA, MHA or equivalent (Preferred)
- 7+ years of significant experience in hospital management and planning with relevant experience in program management across clinical services areas and group practice operations including strategic planning, financial analysis.
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple complex projects
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Able to deliver clear and concise presentations to varied audiences
- Demonstrated successful relationship building all levels of staff, physicians and executives
- Understanding of health care operations
- Clear understanding of Health Care finance for both in-patient and out-patient operations
- Clear and demonstrated understanding of health care operations and delivery, preferably both inpatient and outpatient
- Clear and demonstrated understanding of health care financing as related to the delivery of both inpatient and outpatient services
- Strong project management skills and the ability to ‘manage up’ effectively and gracefully
- Demonstrates innovative approaches in addressing business challenges that have not been solved by more traditional measures
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE