Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Provides receptionist and administrative support to Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at our Princeton Wellness Center. Assists with on-site activities as needed.
- Greets and registers patients upon arrival to the site.
- Schedules patient appointments for optimal utilization of clinical staff time.
- Communicates with patients to confirm initial and routine appointments; rescheduling as necessary
- Answers telephone inquiries.
- Generates correspondence for providers as needed
- Enters patient charges into Penn Chart system
- Interacts with insurance companies and government programs to verify patient coverage
- Processes invoices
- Supports customer service and performance improvement goals.
- Orders and maintains department supplies.
- Responsible for office equipment, calling for repairs when necessary.
- Maintain standards of confidentiality.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- Previous experience in secretarial and/or reception duties is required. Experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.