Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Director of Service Line & Network Integration, Musculoskeletal
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 157428
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: 8:00AM-4:30PM, M-F | Hybrid
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Director of Service Line & Network Integration provides clinical service line administrative support in developing and leading service line disease team initiatives, as well as strategic thinking and business development support to the Chief Administrative Officer for the service line. As a member of the service line senior team that helps strategize and inform major initiatives for the health system, the Director will work to advance coordination between network affiliates, health system entities and other strategic partners, in addition to execution of business growth & other service line strategic initiatives.
- A key competency for the incumbent will include leading innovative teams across service lines, strategic partnerships, and business plans that are specific to the service line while also fulfilling broader strategies for the health system. The Director will also be expected to independently represent the service line throughout the organization and with outside partners.
- The Director of Service Line & Network Integration is responsible, overall, to the strategic success of service line strategy across the Health System, requiring him/her to execute work at the highest level of the organization while navigating a highly matrixed and ever-growing group of stakeholders.
- Provide leadership for disease teams, implementing and overseeing the ongoing success of care pathways and programs while engaging stakeholders across the health system, clinical disciplines and research arms to innovate and support pathway work that aligns with health system goals.
- Translate career pathways and programs into appropriate business and marketing plans for both external campaigns and the growth and maturation of network affiliations.
- Build flexible and robust disease team infrastructure to respond quickly to health reform, market forces, and the rapidly improving world of patient-centered care. Report on the Service Line Current State quarterly, as it pertains to volumes, program and financial trends, and any notable changes.
- Collaborate with Service Line Director of Quality to develop and maintain appropriate quality, financial and operational metrics and dashboards; support performance improvement across teams through the use of metric identification amd reporting, where appropriate; incorporate bundled payment programs as appropriate.
- Engage and work across service lines to ensure alignment in goals, system care and strategy, as required or as assigned.
- Collaborate with Service Line Director of Operations on strategies to optimize organizational development and operations of the service line as it continues to grow. Work closely with service line marketing and liaison teams to implement strategies integrating market development, operations and quality strategies to effectively support service line growth and integration.
- In conjunction with the CAO, develop tactics and strategies that promote access to care within the Penn system in both existing markets and in new that areas that support the service line growth strategy. Optimize existing affiliations; enhance partnerships with system entities; develop partnerships with system alliance members; and develop new partnerships within our regional reach.
- Provide leadership and support for the Service Line Network & Market Strategy Committee to align system service line market strategies. Provide consistent operational and strategic direction in delivering on the promise of network affiliations with partners: establishing shared patient pathways, outcomes/data, educational and research opportunities, and marketing collaborations.
- Work with Strategic Decision Support (SDS) to support business decisions with financial and market analytics to establish the value created in terms of quality, cost savings, etc.
- May manage staff, carrying out all administrative responsibilities, including supervision, hiring, firing, evaluation, and discipline.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Master's degree (Required), preferably an MBA, MHA or MPH.
- 4+ years of experience in healthcare or related field (Required)
- Experience in business development (Preferred)
Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office, SharePoint, and project management tracking tools
- Strong written, oral, and non-verbal communication skills
- Experience in the healthcare industry, ideally with a strong understanding of clinical care delivery, provider financials, and major industry trends impacting health care providers
- Motivated, high-energy individual; anticipates and removes roadblocks to meet deadlines and deliver work products efficiently
- A thoughtful individual, politically astute with strong diplomatic skills. Outstanding relationship building skills
- Able to lead and influence a cross-functional group of leaders to consensus and action
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE