Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Patient Family Liaison HUP
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 157596
Category: Customer Service/Patient Access
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 17, 2022
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
This role provides support to the Office of Patient and Guest Relations [PGR] with emphasis on the integration of administrative/clerical/receptionist activities, database management and participation in the receipt, review and resolution of patient feedback, including, but not limited to patient requests, complaints and grievances.
- Serves as initial point of contact and presents a welcoming and comfortable environment for customers, guests, and visitors.
- Responsible for coordinating activities of the PGR office including special projects as assigned by the Manager of PGR.
- Responsible for intake of initial information regarding patient/family feedback and entering data into the patient feedback tracking system in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Greets patients and visitors in-person or by telephone, answers and/or directs inquiries to appropriate personnel while ensuring the satisfaction of providers and patients through positive interactions.
- Continually keeps the Manager of PGR informed of new developments.
- Works with the Data Systems Specialist to create reports from the patient feedback tracking system.
- Provides information related to overall patient and staff questions. Requires the ability to multi-task and strong interpersonal/customer service skills.
- Provides coverage as needed for patient visitation in the ED, PACU, Notary Services due to employee call outs or in emergency management situations.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Required Education and Experience
- H.S. Diploma/GED is required (Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree is preferred)
- 7+ years Direct customer service experience
- 1+ years of experience providing administrative support preferred
Required Skills and Abilities
- Notary License (obtain 90 days after employment)
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and computerized office systems.
- Ability to multi-task, adapt, and perform in stressful situations.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications, and the ability to quickly learn and adapt to other software packages.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment, handle multiple priorities/tasks, and to follow all assignments through to completion.
- Exceptional customer service skills required.
- Strong organization, interpersonal, and diplomacy skills required.
- Must have the ability to acknowledge and manage confidential information.
- Must be well organized and show strong attention to detail.
- Must exhibit patience under pressure.
- Proficiency using the telephone, computer, printer, scanner, fax machine, Interpreter Services Phone, Dictation Machine and copier.
As part of our COVID-19 response, this position may currently be offering partial or full remote work. However, in the near future this position will require full or partial on-site work.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE