Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Ambassador Hospital Concierge (Outside)
Job ID: 157597
Category: Customer Service/Patient Access
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 17, 2022
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Delivers on our promise to provide a high quality and supportive welcome to all visitors, patients and families. This position is responsible for greeting and responding to the needs of our patients, visitors and families by providing information and assistance in a timely manner.
- Work outside in all weather conditions, including inclement weather, during work hours.
- Assist immobile patients out of/into vehicles and into/out of wheelchairs safely and courteously.
- Provide a welcome to every patient, family member or visitor in accordance with the training provided through Penn Medicine Academy (scripting).
- Initiates greeting and positive interaction to all.
- Anticipate and respond to patient, visitor and hospital staff concerns, expectations or needs in a timely manner.
- Manages visitor flow on Valet Driveways to assure patients of timely arrival for appointments.
- Support all way-finding, including the coordination of Outpatient Transports.
- Collaborate with patients, visitors and hospital staff to deliver a coordinated and seamless service to Patients and Visitors, including patient transportation.
- Work within a safe environment regarding patient's special needs in order to prevent falls or other accidents.
- Provide other services such as calling for cabs, coordinating para-transit, and assisting patients with hotels, restaurants and public transportation services.
- Ensure all outside vendors check in with Security.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- Associate of Arts or Science
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability and willingness to work in all weather conditions, including inclement weather, during work hours.
- Ability to provide immobile or non-ambulatory patients with wheelchair assistance from and to vehicle
- Demonstrates customer service skills
- Demonstrates the highest level of customer service and can interact effectively with front line staff, physicians, senior leaders, physician leadership and managers/supervisors
- Demonstrates interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with a variety of personal skill sets
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Demonstrates ability to deal with confidential information
- Basic computer knowledge and skills
<b>As part of our COVID-19 response, this position may currently be offering partial or full remote work. However, in the near future this position will require full or partial on-site work.</b>
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE