Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Admin Services Coordinator
Job ID: 155181
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 18, 2022
Work Schedule: Per Departmental Needs
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Administrative Services Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day operations and supervision of administrative staff for the department. The Coordinator works collaboratively with the management team and supports the physicians, supports the delivery of high-quality care, promotes confidentiality of protected information, shares a passion for patient and customer centered care, and assists in meeting or exceeding patient satisfaction and financial/operational targets. The Coordinator oversees the operations and management of the outpatient practice in line with Divisional and CPUP goals. The Coordinator uses acquired knowledge and takes initiative to make processes and practices effective and efficient and in line with department standards.
- Manages day to day planning, operations, and problem solving for all support staff and residents, including provider schedules, staffing and qgenda.
- Event planning and coordination for various events and meetings: invitations, materials, location, catering, manages all activities before/during/after event
- Oversees the divisional patient satisfaction initiatives including reviewing and analyzing data, recommending process improvements, responding to hot comments
- Oversees the support staff for Outpatient Clinic to ensure effective and efficient care is being provided to all patients in coordination with the Outpatient Coordinator
- Oversees the administrative support provided to faculty and all administrative support needed for the division(s)
- Effectively works with the leadership team and providers to establish, implement, and maintain practice policies, procedures and efficient systems that support daily operations, including development and updating of the departments administrative practice and departmental policies
- Attends required management and all facility based meetings. Organizes and attends meetings as assigned and communicates appropriate information to staff
- Monitors employee compliance reports for staff and faculty and notifies faculty and employees when they are due for testing or training. Maintains faculty and employee records ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements
- Supervision of designated staff; assists staff members in addressing challenges and skill deficits
- In conjunction with the Division Director Supports new project development and management for the Division and Practice.
- Recruits, hires, and trains / oversees training of new faculty/non-faculty
- Assists with the development and updating of relevant employee policies, and revise job descriptions as necessary. Participates in as a member of the Department Governance and assists with data analytics requests.
- Participates in exchange of information with all levels of the organization (including support staff and supervisors), Administration offices, Chairman’s offices, physicians, patients, fellows, visitors, etc.; information is often complex and highly confidential in nature
- Ensures efficient usage and ordering of office supplies
- Models a feedback rich environment including conducting performance appraisals annually
- Participates in Entity and Department wide initiatives for patient/faculty and employee safety
- Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state, and local regulatory standards (ex TJC, DOH, FDA, HIPAA, HCFA, DPW, LCGME, ACGME, etc.)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- 7+ years Experience in supervisory role.
Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE