Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Senior Social Worker - First Responder Treatment Team at Princeton House Behavioral Health
Job ID: 155661
Category: Social Work
Work Type: PT 20+ HOURS
Location: Princeton, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Oct 18, 2022
Work Schedule: 32hrs/week - Mix of Days, Evenings and Weekends
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Penn Medicine's First Responder Treatment Team is looking for a dynamic individual with experience working with first responders and their families. This is a unique opportunity to become part of our talented, experienced and skilled first responder treatment team. This will be a 30-32/hr per week commitment (benefit eligible), schedule based on the departments need each month. Day, evening and weekend availability.
- To provide the highest quality comprehensive clinical services that include: comprehensive assessment, individual case management; group and family psychotherapy; treatment plan development and coordination, referral relations, discharge planning.
- Conduct in-depth psychosocial assessment as part of the multidisciplinary assessment that identifies problems of patient whose resolution will lead to best-case-scenario of recovery.
- Write and oversee comprehensive, multidisciplinary, and timely treatment plans that provide maximum measurability, innovative clinical interventions, and thoughtfulness in addressing identified patient needs.
- Conduct individual case management, group and family psychotherapy that demonstrate genuineness, empathy, and respect.
- Attend and hold a leadership role in daily treatment rounds, providing input to and receive input from other members of the treatment team.
- Identify significant changes in patients’ clinical status and document in treatment plan reviews and communicate to appropriate member(s) of the treatment team.
- Coordinates discharge planning and communicates plan clearly to patient and family and all other providers involved.
- Monitor patient attendance and compliance with treatment planning goals and group curricula.
- Document and charge each treatment session and phone contact in accordance with Princeton House documentation policies.
- Interact professionally with patients, families and staff in performance of daily duties.
- Participate in hospital and program performance improvement program and goals.
- Attention to continuum of care issues and attendance at continuum of care monthly meetings.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- NJ Licensed Clinical SW (Required)
- LCADC (preferred)
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- MSW (Required)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in mental health and substance abuse/addiction.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE