Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Investigational Drug Service Courier
Job ID: 156909
Category: Customer Service/Patient Access
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Day shift and variable shifts (between 7:00am - 5:
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Primary responsibilities include (1) the delivery and retrieval of medications to/from clinics throughout the medical center and throughout campus; (2) clerical duties, including copies and filing; (3) greeting visitors to the department; and (4) maintaining the cleanliness of the facility. The conduct of clinical trials is a highly regulated activity, subject to inspections and oversight by research sponsors and their representative auditors; state and federal regulatory bodies; and internal compliance officers. This position therefore, will ensure not only that study participants receive their medications on a timely basis and that unneeded materials are retrieved and properly documented, but that the facility is maintained well and presentable for inspectors at any time.
- Accurate delivery of medications and research materials to clinics, patients, or research units throughout the University of Pennsylvania Medical Center and the University campus, following department policies at all times.
- Retrieval of medications or supplies and return to the Investigational Drug Service (IDS) for processing.
- Maintain the PDT (Pickup and Delivery Tracker), including real-time recording of materials picked up, materials removed from the department and documentation of the final recipient at time of hand-off. PDT must be up-to-date at end of every shift.
- Greet and assist visitors to IDS lobby window. This includes escorting auditors to designated rooms to conduct their audits or inspections. Require presentation of a photo ID when giving out materials at window, document every transfer in PDT system.
- Clerical duties may include copying, faxing or scanning of documents; creating file folders and organizing files/records; organizing and reordering office supplies, assisting research auditors/monitors with clerical tasks during their inspections, and other duties as assigned.
- Driver's License (Required)
- Valid Driver's License required.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE