Job ID: 152997
Category: Health Information Management/Coding
Work Type: FT
Location: Plainsboro, NJ, United States
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Location: Plainsboro, NJ - This position is primarily remote to PA and NJ residents with expectation to work on site 1-2 times a week. Remote with occasional on-site hours.
Schedule: Monday - Friday (no weekends) - 7:30 am - 4 pm
Sign-On Bonus of up to $2500 for this position
Benefits You'll Receive at Princeton/Penn Medicine:
· Generous Paid Time Off benefits, including seven paid holidays that will give you the work-life balance today’s world needs
· Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription coverage plan options that best fit your personal & family needs
· Tuition Assistance for both Part-Time (20+ hours) and Full-time (40 hours) employees. ( 0.5 FTE and over)
· Flexible Health Savings Accounts (FSA/HAS) to save pre-tax dollars to use towards your personal & family medical costs
· 403b Retirement Savings, Penn Home Ownership Services, Commuter Benefits, Pet Insurance and Pension
· Access to company paid life insurance, temporary disability. Employee discounts and perks, including but not limited to free secure employee-only parking, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Universal Life Insurance, Disability Income Protection, Group Legal and Pet Insurance are available to eligible employees: paid for through payroll deductions and other. Please click on this LINK for more information regarding our amazing benefits package.
Implements and monitors procedures to comply with New Jersey State Cancer Registry requirements and American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (ACoS CoC) and National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC) program standards. Along with the Director, Cancer Services, and Supervisor of the Cancer Registry, ensures that the Penn Medicine Princeton Health Cancer Program maintains ACoS CoC and NABPC Accreditation.
1. Responsible for the identification, accessioning, and abstraction of new cancer patients, both inpatient and outpatient, within 95-100 % accuracy in accordance with federal/ state regulations, ACoS CoC program standards, institutional and departmental policies and procedures. Additionally, analyzes data for cases not required by federal or state but meeting requirements for special case studies or identified for reportable by agreement cases.
2. Digests complex clinical information to determine if data entered into the Cancer Registry software is accurate, complete and valid. Understands clinical pathways to determine what types of treatment should be expected based on site, extent, type of cancer and associated NCCN guidelines.
3. Reviews data for completeness and accuracy. Pursues missing data necessary for abstract completion by contacting outside physician offices, hospitals and cancer registries.
4. Manages and maintains lifetime follow-up data on all patients in the Cancer Registry.
5. Ensures timely and accurate reporting of cancer data to the ACoS CoC and the New Jersey Department of Health (NJSCR).
6. Ensures compliance with all ACoS CoC and NAPBC program standards. Assists with accreditation site visit preparation.
7. Coordinates and provide staff support for weekly Cancer Conference (Tumor Board) and Breast Conference meetings, including recruitment of cases, distribution of notices via email, and room set-up or virtual operation. Shows the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) Clinical Practice Guidelines where applicable. Responsible for maintaining attendance and case presentation documentation.
Other Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Cooperates with the State Department of Health in supplying requested data.
2. Prepares oncology-related reports for staff, physicians, and outside organizations as requested.
3. Participates in quality improvement initiatives, assists with department quality assurance and improvement plan as directed by the Supervisor.
4. Completes concurrent QA process to ensure ongoing productivity, quality, and professional development goals are achieved. Dependent upon the result of the assessment may complete personalized educational content.
5. Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the field by reading applicable literature and participating in seminars and conferences. Applies pertinent new knowledge to performance of responsibilities.
6. Accountable for improving patient care through adherence to all patient's safety and quality standards, regulations and best practices.
7. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Education or Equivalent Experience
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.