Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Patient Access Supervisor - ED/LD
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 157306
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Full Time, Evening Shift, 40 hours per week
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Under the direction of the Manager, Patient Access, oversees the daily registration functions of the Admissions and Pre-Admission Testing Divisions of the Emergency and L& D Departments within the HUP/CPUP Revenue Cycle Department. This position is responsible for supervising efficient and compliant registration process. The Supervisor will ensure all regulatory and payor requirements are met to create a compliant registration. The Supervisor will also be responsible to optimize customer service to ensure a positive patient experience and patient throughput. Performance has direct impact on meeting the Revenue Cycle's Key Performance Indicators target and the Department's Press Ganey Scores.
- Supervises the daily operations of the Admissions and Pre-Admission Testing division or the Emergency and L&D Departments within the HUP/CPUP Revenue Cycle Department
- Ensures departmental policies and procedures are being followed on regular basis and recommends updates as needed, focusing on continuous process improvement
- Ensures departmental staff are following proper registration protocols which include regulatory compliance
- Supervises staff; interviews, hires, assigns and directs work, appraises staff performance with rewards and discipline, addresses complaints and resolves issues that may arise, and acts as a mentor for department staff
- Ensures constructive communication is provided to department service delivery areas when necessary
- Completes staff quality assurance reviews via the Penn Medicine’s quality assurance tool-AHIQA
- Ensures staff collects applicable patient out of pockets liabilities prior to services for both hospital and professional services
- Responsible for staff scheduling, ensuring the necessary coverage for the smooth and efficient operation of the registration process
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- H.S. Diploma/GED (Required)
- 5+ years Hospital or Practice Revenue Cycle Setting
- Healthcare Related Previous experience in a Supervisory/Management Role preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE