Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Assoc Dir Quality Reg Compliance and Med Use - Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 159141
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 25, 2022
Work Schedule: Days
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Associate Director of Medication-Use Systems, Quality and Regulatory Compliance reports to the Chief Pharmacy Officer and has direct oversight and responsibility for medication safety and regulatory compliance, the Drug Information Service, the medication formulary and associated policies and the Department's Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement Program. This position is designed to support delivery of reliable, high quality pharmacy services and safe medication-use across all HUP pharmacy locations. The Associate Director supervises a team of pharmacy specialists and support staff and works in close collaboration with members of the pharmacy leadership team and other staff to meet departmental goals aligned with organizational and departmental missions. This individual must apply excellent communication skills and expertise in project management. This involves development of strong working relationships with interdisciplinary departments and providers.
- Oversee the Drug Information Service including upkeep of the drug information library, UPHS formulary maintenance (including formulary requests and monographs), and updating medication-use guidelines and policies.
- Leads the Department Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement Program utilizing data and dashboards to track metrics that align with organization and department strategies and goals.
- Directs pharmacy regulatory compliance activities for DEA, TJC, CMS, DOH, State Board of Pharmacy and other regulatory and professional practice standards set by national and local organizations. Acts as the key contact for regulatory surveys and collaborates with the hospital regulatory department.
- Support leadership team to help ensure the safe and consistent performance of medication use systems across HUP’s pharmacy services.
- Ensure financial budget accountabilities within all areas of responsibility.
- Ensure that all staff within the Associate Director’s reporting structure demonstrate the professional and technical requirements and competencies of their respective jobs.
- Support and manage the rollout and communication of new initiatives, external collaborations, and special projects within all areas of responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned to support the pharmacy, the entity, and overall health-system.
- Pharmacist (Required)
- BCPS or other Pharmacy Specialty Board Certification preferred
Performance improvement process certification preferred
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- B.S. Pharmacy required or Doctor of Pharmacy
And 2+ years PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Additional experience in safety, policy, performance improvement or leadership.
And 3+ years Related pharmacy experience in safety, policy, performance improvement or leadership.
Preferred: Medication-Use Safety and Policy, Administration or other related clinical specialty. PGY2 Pharmacy Residency
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE