Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Outpatient Pharm Discharge Coordinator - Hospital of the University of Pennsylvaniaal of
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 159208
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 25, 2022
Work Schedule: Days
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Penn Medicine is Seeking an Outpatient Pharmacy Discharge Coordinator for its Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania location.
- Supports all Discharge Program activities from prescription intake to bedside delivery at patient discharge. Will assist in establishing policies and procedures specific to the discharge program including indigent drug program, Patient Assistance Programs and Pharmacy exception process. Will partner with the Program Administrator, Ravdin Pharmacy Manager, and the Associate Director to serve as a pharmacy resource to facilitate access and resolve all discharge medication related issues. Provide performance evaluations and communication regularly with direct reports. Oversees the decentralized pharmacy technicians on patient care units and develops applicable practice model. Acts as a liason between the outpatient pharmacy and patient care units through Unit Based Clinical Leadership (UBCL) meetings and collaboration with Unit Based Pharmacists
- Forecasts staffing requirements and supplies needed to accomplish goals
- Monitors and makes necessary adjustments to program operations to assure quality of services.
- Prepares and dispenses medications using appropriate techniques to ensure outcomes of drug therapies and following the health system’s policies and procedures
- Assumes responsibility for the adherence to the medication-use policies and guidelines.
- Manages time effectively to fulfill practice responsibilities.
- Complies in all activities with accreditation, legal, regulatory, and safety requirements for a specific practice setting.
- Use effective listening skills and allow others to convey ideas.
- Communicates effectively with direct reports.
- Written communication is clear and concise.
- Act as positive role model for staff.
- Pharmacist (Required)
- Current pharmacist license in the state of Pennsylvania at time of hire
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Science or Doctor of Pharmacy Degree from an accredited College of Pharmacy (Required)
- 3 to 5 years of experience as a licensed Pharmacist in a hospital pharmacy environment.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE