Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Senior Manager, Marketing Data Management & Quality
Job ID: 142650
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 25, 2022
Work Schedule: 8:00AM-4:30PM, M-F | Hybrid
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Senior Manager, Marketing Data Management and Quality oversees a team of coordinators and managers who support data collection, use and management, and data quality. The Senior Manager is able to understand and maintain complex databases while partnering with database administrators across the health system to certify best practices within Strategic Marketing.
- The Senior Manager maintains a thorough business understanding of the data under their oversight and advises end-users on its correct use in websites, reporting and analytics, and integration into other downstream systems. When necessary, the Senior Manager troubleshoots problems and partners with colleagues and/or vendor technical teams to identify and implement solutions.
- Penn Medicine's Customer Analytics and Marketing Technology Solutions Team works to develop data-driven insights, and advise on, create, and maintain integrated experiences built on leading-edge technologies. Partnering with our Digital and Marketing Strategy functions, we provide a vast array of skills and work collaboratively to enable best-in-class patient and provider experiences.
Supervises, motivates and provides insight and guidance to the data coordinators, who are responsible for validation and updating of physician demographic data, data entry, and other related tasks. Ensures team productivity is maximized and specified goals and quality standards are met; develops and maintains training materials and documentation; establishes goals and objectives for the team; provides feedback and evaluates performance; counsels and develops employees.
- Responsible for oversight of the integration of multiple data sets and ad hoc sources of information to create and maintain single “source of truth” demographic records for 300K+ providers. Maintains a thorough understanding of business rules. Serves as the lead consultant for downstream consumers of the provider records (including internal and external clients) to ensure understanding and proper use of the data.
- Partners with their direct supervisor on vendor relationships; leads those relationships when necessary.
- Maintains knowledge of new data sources in the health system, and works with the team to expand the provider records to include new data elements or data sources; engages in planning for opportunities to enhance databases; and partners with direct supervisor and colleagues on implementation of database changes.
- Performs and/or oversees regular audits to ensure data consistency and accuracy. Provides and/or oversees all QA and testing activity on databases. Troubleshoots problems and works with partners as needed to resolve.
- Develops and maintains clear internal and external documentation of all elements pertaining to provider data management, including data sources, data flows, and maintenance schedules.
- Stays abreast of health care, marketing, and technology-related issues to serve as a knowledgeable leader and system resource. Maintains skill levels in technology tools required to perform job requirements including: Salesforce, SQL, Excel and other tools as needed.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
- Bachelor's Degree (Required), preferably in a relevant technical field (Information Science, Management Information Science or Computer Science).
- Master's Degree (Preferred).
- 10+ years of experience in a relevant role working with large volumes of data (Required).
- 2+ years of experience supervising staff (Preferred).
- Solid understanding of SQL or other relational database platform (Required).
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE