Job ID: 153624
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 27, 2022
Work Schedule: To Be Determined
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
The Department of Patient Transport- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania at the HUP Cedar location is seeking a Full-Time Supervisor of Patient Transport Services:
Primary function will be to manage the day-to-day operations of Patient Transport in an effective & efficient manner that contributes positively to the overall experience of all customers and patients of HUP Cedar. Working collaboratively with others to ensure these objectives are met as well as provide oversight, education and personnel management, as well as serving as a liaison between Patient Transport and Hospital services.
• Oversees administration of quarterly patient satisfaction evaluations
• Coordinates scheduling of instructors for the telemetry transport course. Evaluates course effectiveness
• Initiates alternative learning sessions to provide students with ample opportunities to learn outside the normal classroom experience
• Maintain patient confidentiality and monitor that HIPAA authorizations are maintained and honored
• Maintain professional demeanor while keeping in mind age specific differences
• Establish unit policies to ensure Good Clinical Practices
• Supervises all transporters and transport related activities
• Evaluates Scope of Practice for the department and appends same as indicated
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, polices, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
EMT certification preferred
Education or Equivalent Experience:
High School Diploma or GED required
Bachelors degree in a business or healthcare related field preferred
6+ years of patient transport experience required
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.