Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 156290
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Oct 27, 2022
Work Schedule: 8:00AM-4:30PM, M-F | Hybrid
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Accountant acts as the departmental lead for assigned departments in working with the Operational Management Team (including the various Departmental Directors, Administrators, and Financial Support contacts) to develop Operating Budgets and Projections. On a monthly basis, handles most of the General Accounting responsibilities for assigned Corporate Services departments, including constructing the monthly financial statement package and related analyses. Helps to coordinate inter-entity transfers to ensure that the transactions are being properly recorded.
- The Accountant provides general financial support and training for financial systems such as Lawson, Hyperion, Smart View, and Essbase to assigned Corporate Services Operational Management areas. Continually develops general office automation by using macros, functions, formulas, databases, and software available to improve the processes for the whole Corporate Services Accounting team. As requested, develops analytical reports.
- Work with Operational Management Team with timely communications and provide a customer service orientation of financial services to all constituencies.
- Provide timely and accurate service and operational management team during the monthly close process.
- Provide financial support and training for department Directors and other customers on the use of reporting tools (Lawson LBI & Hyperion Planning/Reporting).
- Conduct training with assigned departments for all Corporate Accounting needs including the training for the monthly Accounting requirements (LBI and Hyperion Reports), Projection and Budgeting (Hyperion Planning and Reports).
- Identify and recommend functions for automation as appropriate.
- Develop procedures to automate operations by using Microsoft Office in order to improve the processes for the whole Corporate Accounting team.
- Provide analytical services and financial reporting for monthly close.
- Prepare accurate monthly journal entries and financial analyses for designated areas.
- Prepare Corporate monthly presentation for Financial and Ops meeting.
- Continually improve budget process and provide support to users in the preparation of their budgets.
- Perform quality checks on all departmental budget submissions.
- Act as central financial resource for paying most of the utilities vendors and work with the vendors and entity/department contacts to improve the payment, accrual and reporting process.
- Help to coordinate inter-entity transfers to ensure that the transactions are being properly recorded.
- Responsible for the proper accounting of assigned Employee Benefits expense types, but also for continuing to improve the process for doing this accounting.
- Support other data requests as assigned.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
- Bachelor's Degree (Required), preferably in Accounting.
- 1+ years of experience in accounting and/or budget preparation (Required).
Skills & Abilities:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel (including macros), Word and Outlook
- Experience with the Lawson (or similar) General Ledger system
- Experience with Hyperion software (Essbase, Hyperion Planning)
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE