Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- Performs all tasks associated with Hot Production that provides prepared food products to both in-patients and retail areas. Is responsible in carry out all assigned duties listed on production sheets, standardized recipes, tally sheets and other written and oral instructions, Responsible for utilization of leftovers, maintaining tight schedules and in general meeting the overall daily volume requirement of the departments commitment to the patients and customers.
- Prepares hot/cold food items according to forecasted or tallied quantities and follows standardized recipes at all times. All food is prepared and maintained in accordance with current HACCP procedures.
- Follows portion control standards for all food produced.
- Demonstrates skill with slicing and cutting techniques
- Obtains food product from storage refrigerators, freezers or dry store area in a timely fashion. Maintains storage and receiving areas neat and orderly. Demonstrates rotation of food productsAnd able to thaw and process food items according to HACCP standards.
- Dates and labels all products moving through their work/production area.
- Properly prepares and handles foods and equipment to ensure infection control.
- Practices personal hygiene according to dress code standards and reports potential infection
- Maintains a clean, safe and sanitary work area at all times. Cleans equipment/tables, using appropriate chemicals and cleaning procedures.
Skill Requirement: Excellent written and oral skills. Able to demonstrate basic math skills. Must have ability to work in a pressure environment and maintain composure with other co-workers.
Education or Equivalent Experience: High school diploma. Graduate of culinary program and three years experience in large volume cooking including experience in all hot and cold food preparation. Education can be waived with appropriate experience. 3+ years high volume kitchen
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.