Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Manager CRNA Administration
Job ID: 160358
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 3, 2022
Work Schedule: Per Departmental Needs
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Department: Anesthesia and Critical Care
Location: Philadelphia, PA
- Reporting to the Director of Operations with dotted line reporting to COO, the Manager, CRNA Administration is responsible for administrative supervision and oversight for the CRNA group within the Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, including 100+ UPHS CRNAs, 9 agency CRNAs, CRNA Scheduling Coordinator, and Administrative Coordinator. System responsibilities include data base management, vendor relationship management, process documentation, training of users and continual improvement of the department's utilization of the QGenda software system. Works with Executive Vice Chair, Chief CRNA, Chief of Anesthesia at PPMC, CRNA Scheduling Coordinator and other key staff members to establish and implement optimal staffing model configuration within the system. Provides exceptional business resource analysis and value adding reporting for Department leadership decision making. This position is also responsible for the e-Star system including proper AU charges, oversees credentialing, on-boarding/off-boarding, security access, and compliance of the CRNA. This role requires an excellent working rapport with physicians, nurse anesthetists, and staff.
- Provide administrative supervision and oversight for the CRNA group within the Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, including 100+ UPHS CRNAs, 9 agency CRNAs, CRNA Scheduler, and Administrative Coordinator.
- Coordinator clinical observer opportunities between UPHS CRNAs and nursing students who would like to shadow in OR
- Disseminate information regarding department and hospital initiatives in order to keep the CRNAs engaged
- Work with the Chief of Anesthesia to complete Ongoing Professional Practice Evaluations (OPPEs) and Focused Professional Practice Evaluation (FPPEs) bi-annually
- Work collaboratively with the Chief of Anesthesia, the Associate of Anesthesia and the Chief CRNA to complete annual and probationary CRNA performance evaluations
- Coach CRNAs on their performance and disseminate feedback from evaluations written by the Anesthesiology attendings
- Work with the CRNA Ombudsmen, department leadership and HR to address concerns from the CRNA group. Follow up on incidents that occur that involve the CRNAs and provide feedback. Work with HR contact into order to determine the best course of action when there is an incident that requires attention
- Works proactively with Department, Division Clinical chiefs, and Scheduling coordinator to resolve strategic and operational resources issues and ensure that the resource scheduling process is optimally meeting the needs of the business
- Work with credentialing coordinator to ensure credentialing process for all newly hired CRNAs runs smoothly and efficiently
- Keep accurate, organized and up to date personnel files as required by UPHS and the Joint Commission
- Monitor, reconcile and approve payroll in the Kronos/e-Star time reporting system
- Other HR responsibilities include but are not limited to interviewing, hiring, establishing performance standards along with the Chief of Anesthesia and the Chief CRNA, security access, accurate documentation, implementing UPHS policies, and compliance of the CRNAs and support staff
- Serve as liaison between the Department and two staffing agencies
- Work to promote a welcoming, team environment that values employee satisfaction and professional ownership
- Onboarding/off boarding and credentialing
- Management of all onboarding activities to include completing all new employee paperwork
- Responsible for training users (CRNAs) on scheduling software
- Responsible for ensuring effective onboarding and orientation of all new CRNAs
- Comply with regulatory requirements
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science required.
- 3+ years in an academic or medical practice required.
- Previous supervisory experience required.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE