Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Manager Workforce Development PMAC
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 160090
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 4, 2022
Work Schedule: Per Departmental Needs
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Department: Workforce Planning and Development
- The Manager of Workforce Development for the Penn Medicine Access Center (PMAC) is responsible for building, managing and owning workforce Learning, Development, and Quality strategy, processes and execution ensuring the most efficient utilization of call center resources. The Manager will support and execute on the strategic priorities of the Penn Medicine Access System (a call center collaborative consisting of multiple call centers within the health system) by providing oversight and structure to the Access System including Learning and Quality, Data Analytics, and Technology.
- Customer Service Experience Improvement
- Ensure Access Center and stakeholders are consistent with training and quality industry standards and best practices
- Lead training and quality programs that support the Penn Access System
- Ensure the alignment of all training and quality materials to the guidelines of the Penn Medicine Experience, Penn Medicine Branding Standards, and Penn Medicine policies.
- Functional Planning & Execution
- Manages a team of Learning and Quality specialists who develop and manage the design, development, implementation, evaluation, and maintenance of standardized, scalable, and sustainable training and quality programs
- Leverage Quality Assurance Reporting to drive process improvements, training initiatives for Access System Stakeholders
- Leverage Variance Reporting to drive process improvements, training initiatives for Access System Stakeholders
- Maintain training programs for onboarding of new hires, continuous development of existing staff, and facilitate effective training and quality programs aligned with Penn Access Model with external stakeholders in the practices or decentralized call centers outside of central access to align on goals, metrics and strategy execution. This can include DOO’s, PM’s, or Call Center Managers
- Identify track and analyze key performance drivers, providing proactive, solutions-oriented support to call center management
- Ability to recognize, recommend, implement and measure operational improvements
- Provide monthly analysis of key performance criteria
- Data Analysis & Strategic Planning
- Drive/manage change in workforce Learning and Quality Improvement processes with the goal of optimizing and sustaining a seamless Patient Experience.
- Ensure that programs and KPI dashboards align with both Access System standards and the mission and values of Penn Medicine.
- Drive efficiencies and performance improvements via careful analysis of call center data and identified/demonstrated performance gaps; direct the analytical outcomes of call center systems data analysis.
- Proactively interpret data and recommend solutions to reduce risk, lower expenses and maximize operational efficiency and quality
- Partner with call center leaders to identify performance gaps and develop solutions
- Talent Management & Business Relationships
- Management responsibility of direct reports including hiring, performance management, staff development and coaching
- Ensures that all staff have the necessary knowledge, skills and experience to deliver the objectives on behalf of each business unit requirements.
- Accountable for the design, development, implementation, evaluation, and maintenance of standardized, scalable, and sustainable Training and Quality Assurance programs.
- Responsible for the relationship with technology teams including Telecommunications, Strategic Decision Support, and the EPIC Transformation Team to ensure that the most up-to-date technologies are available and optimized for specific use by the Access System.
- Enterprise-wide stakeholders at Penn Medicine. Collaborate with the call center Directors of Operations, key stakeholders, and leaders across the enterprise to foster transparency in PMAC.
- Industry Expertise
- Keeps abreast of new trends in Workforce Management, call center operations, Quality, and training.
- Defines and identifies how new technologies could reduce customer effort
- Serves as PMAC accountable leader and the organizations business liaison for the implementation of new reporting, training, and quality tools
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- And 5+ years Total experience including: - Minimum 2 to 5 years of progressive management experience in Call/Call Center management;
- Experience in a Healthcare setting with emphasis on Patient Access preferred
-Direct knowledge/experience in any or all of the following support functions is required: Training, quality and Call/Call Center Technology; 1 to 2 years of oversight experience in these areas is highly preferred
- Master of Arts or Science
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE