This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 160225
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Rotating (Days/Nights)
DescriptionPenn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Penn Medicine wants you to grow your career with us! Consider joining our team as a Clinical Nurse 2 Inpatient in the Medical Intensive Care unit (MICU) at The Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (HUP), located at 3400 Spruce Street, Philadelphia, PA, to partner with and work alongside and outstanding medical team at the #1 healthcare system in Pennsylvania. As a Magnet-designated organization, we live our life’s work through our Core Values of Excellence, Integrity, Diversity, Professionalism, Individual Opportunity, Teamwork/Collaboration and Tradition.
Penn Medicine’s MICU department at HUP houses 36 beds and specializes in caring for critically ill patients with a variety of conditions. As a Clinical Nurse 2 in the MICU, you will deliver exceptional care and operate with the highest degree of professionalism and compassion.
· Full partner on the health care team, consistently demonstrating safe practice within the organizational professional practice model
· Possesses the knowledge, skills and attitude to effectively meet standards for competent professional nursing practice
· Exhibits UPHS organizational behavioral competencies reflecting Penn Medicine’s mission
· Independently provides patient care through application of nursing processes and accepts accountability for nursing care of assigned patients
· Closely works with the interprofessional health care team to facilitate the coordination of care across the continuum
· Focuses on expanding the knowledge and skills necessary to provide individualized care based on physical, psychosocial, cultural, education, safety and age-appropriate considerations of assigned patients (patients may range in age from infancy to the elderly)
· Seeks feedback from leaders and provides recommendations for improved clinical practice
· Demonstrates how nursing practice impacts the organizational vision, mission, goals and the care delivery system.
· Complies with all regulations and standards of regulator and accrediting bodies
· Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI): Utilizes data and QI methods to identify potential and actual problems. Provides care that is safe, timely, efficient, effective and equitable.
· Evidence-based Practice and Research: Evaluates and integrates best current evidence with clinical expertise and patient/family preferences and values for the delivery of optimal health care and system effectiveness
· Leadership: Effectively collaborates and applies innovative, methodical thinking to engage in systematic, evidence-based problem solving and decision making to promote effective changes within a complex care delivery system supporting the vision of Penn Medicine
· Patient/Family Centered Care: Recognizes the patient (or patient’s designee) as the source of control and a full partner in providing compassionate, coordinated care based on respect for the patient’s preferences, values and needs
· Professionalism: Demonstrates commitment to the nursing profession through lifelong learning, adherence to ANA’s Code of Ethics for Nurses, advances in community outreach through participation in a qualified organization
· Safety: Minimalizes risk of harm to patients, families, providers and self through process effectiveness and individual performance
· Technology/Informatics: Utilizes appropriate information and technology to communicate, manage knowledge, mitigate error and support decision making
· Teamwork: Effectively engages in the process of cooperation, coordination and collaboration to provide for safe, quality outcomes for patients within inter and intra-professional teams, including virtual teams
· Performs duties assigned to support the unit, department, entity and health system organization in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies and procedures
· BSN from an accredited school of nursing
· 18 months relevant professional nursing experience, preferably in ICU, CCU or MICU
· Unencumbered Current RN licensure, Pennsylvania RN licensure where applicable
· BLS Certification
· CPR Certification
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.