Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
PRN Admin Coordinator
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 157790
Work Type: PER DIEM
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 9, 2022
Work Schedule: Variable
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- This position serves as an operations/coordinating/analytic role for the Department of Case Management/Social Work. Assists clinical and administrative staff in the collection of patient demographics and regulatory compliance (The Important Message from Medicare and Patient Choice forms). Assists with payor determinations, utilizing various information portals. Supports neonatal group with transmitting clinical information to payors. Assists the Team Leaders and Departmental Directors with daily operational activities as assigned.
- Identifies all patients in need of IMM (Important Message from Medicare LOS >2days) in Penn Chart. Coordinates with CM/SW staff to provide the IMM. Enters information regarding IMM given into Penn Chart. Scrubs the weekly IMM report. Copies medical records as needed for patient discharge.
- Confirms patient demographics and documents same in Penn Chart. Provides the Patient Choice/Financial disclosure form as assigned.
- Assist with coverage of the determination line. Assist CM with proper entry of approved/denied days received on the determination line.
- Assist CM with patient work ques. Utilizes On-Site Logs, Navinet and places calls to individual payors to obtain information. Documentation of said information in Penn Chart and to CM staff.
- Works with CM/SW staff and insurance companies to obtain authorizations for ambulance transport.
- Runs OB Report in Penn Chart. Works with CM ob/gyn/neonatal staff to collect clinical information from daily chart review/report and faxes information to payors. Accurately maintains outcomes of review in Penn Chart.
- Participates in departmental projects and procedures as requested by Managers and or CM/SW Directors.
- Supports UPHS mission and values.
- High School Diploma/ Or equivalent (Required)
- Some College (Preferred)
- Microsoft Word, Spreadsheet applications, Microsoft Excel (Preferred)
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent patient and customer relations
- Is flexible and willing to adapt to change
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE