Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Ambulatory Nurse II for Psychiatric Clinic - Hybrid Model
Job ID: 159066
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 9, 2022
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
- The Ambulatory Nurse II Colleague is an RN that practices as a full partner on the Outpatient Psychiatry health care team and consistently demonstrates safe practice within the organizational professional practice model
- The Ambulatory Nurse II colleague possesses the knowledge, skills and demeanor to effectively meet standards for competent professional nursing practice and exhibits UPHS organizational behavioral competencies which reflect its mission.
- The successful candidate independently provides patient care through the application of the nursing process and accepts accountability for the nursing care of assigned patients. Assigned patients range from young adult to the elderly. The Ambulatory Nurse II colleague demonstrates competency within the domains of Continuous Quality Improvement, Evidence Based Practice, Leadership, Person and Family Centered Care, Professionalism, Safety, Technology/Informatics, and Teamwork.
Ambulatory Nurse II colleague works closely with the interprofessional health care team to facilitate the coordination of care across the continuum. The nurse focuses on expanding the knowledge and skills necessary to provide individualized care based on psychosocial, physical, cultural, educational, safety, and age-appropriate considerations of assigned patients.
- Evidence-Based Practice and Research: The nurse evaluates and integrates best current evidence with clinical expertise and patient and family preferences and values for the delivery of optimal health care and system effectiveness.
- Safety: The nurse minimizes risk of harm to patients, families, providers, and self through system effectiveness and individual performance. Professionalism: The nurse demonstrates a commitment to the nursing profession through lifelong learning, adherence to ANA’s Code of Ethics for Nurses, participation in a professional organization, and advancing community outreach.
- Person and Family-Centered Care: The nurse recognizes the patient (or the patient’s designee) as the source of control and a full partner in providing compassionate and coordinated care based on respect for the patient’s preferences, values, and needs.
- Leadership: The nurse effectively collaborates and applies innovative, systems thinking to engage in systematic, evidence-based problem solving and decision making to promote effective changes within a complex care delivery system supporting the vision of Penn Medicine. Informatics/Technology: The nurse utilizes appropriate information and technology to communicate, manage knowledge, mitigate error, and support decision making across the continuum.
- Teamwork: The nurse effectively engages in the process of cooperation, coordination, and collaboration in an effort to provide safe, quality outcomes for patients within inter and intra-professional teams, including virtual teams.
- Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI): The nurse utilizes data and QI methods to identify potential and actual problems and opportunities to provide care that is safe, timely, efficient, effective, and equitable.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (Required)
- BLS/ACLS/PALS; per specialty Required.
- Registered Nurse - PA (Required)
- RN Required with state licensure.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Nursing (Required)
- Bachelor's degree Required- BSN from an accredited school of nursing and 15+ months relevant professional nursing experience. Certification in specialty preferred.
- Previous experience working with a psychiatric population (Strongly Preferred)
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE