Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Clinical Pharmacist Night - Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
Job ID: 159697
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 10, 2022
Work Schedule: Nights - 7 days on/7 days off
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Penn Medicine is Seeking a Full time Night Pharmacist at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
Shift is 7 days on/ 7 days off for General Inpatient Coverage
- Clinical Pharmacists on night shift are required to provide pharmacy services to multiple areas throughout the hospital. They must possess the skills to cover all aspects of pharmacy operations, have the ability to supervise and direct technician staff during check times, make sound clinical and operational decisions and work independently when necessary.
- Tasks may include, but are not limited to: designing, recommending, monitoring, evaluating and documenting patient and age-specific pharmacotherapy; preparing and dispensing medications, providing concise, applicable, and timely responses to requests for drug information to ensure optimal drug use and medication-use education; manage medication safety issues; monitor medical and nursing compliance and ensure adherence to the hospital's medication use policies and procedures and relevant regulatory agencies.
- Provides optimal pharmacy service to patients and other health care professionals by designing, recommending, monitoring, evaluating and documenting patient and age-specific pharmacotherapy.
- Provides education on safe and effective medication use to patients, caregivers and healthcare providers. Precepts pharmacy students, residents and pharmacy staff as assigned.
- Verifies, prepares and dispenses medications using appropriate techniques to ensure positive outcomes of drug therapies and compliance with regulatory requirements and the organization’s policies and procedures.
- Provides concise, applicable and timely responses to drug information requests from health care providers and patients.
- Participates in the management of medical emergencies.
- Ensures adherence to medication-use policies and guidelines.
- Contributes to and participates in multidisciplinary quality improvement initiatives within the pharmacy and other institutional departments to improve patient care.
- Supervises and directs the activities of pharmacy technicians.
- Pharmacist (Required)
- Pharmacotherapy Certification preferred
- Pennsylvania Pharmacist License required at time of hire.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree or Pharm D from an accredited College of Pharmacy
- Successful completion of a PGY1 Pharmacy Residency preferred
- 2 years as a licensed pharmacist preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE