Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Health Promotion Specialist
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 160860
Category: Social Work
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Per Departmental Needs
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Department: Family Medicine
Location Philadelphia, Penn Presbyterian
- Health Promotion Specialists are responsible to lead and coordinate effective collaboration with community partners, internal and external stakeholders to address health and social determinants of health needs in Philadelphia. This role will engage stakeholders to identify, operationalize, an evaluate strategies that result in high-quality programmatic initiatives that meet the health and social needs of the surrounding community. This position will work with the Division Chief of Community Health, Division Director of Community Health, and Community Health Program Manager to align programming with needs identified in the federally-mandated community health needs assessment and improvement plan, and deploy organizational resources that support community health improvement. This position requires a strong working knowledge of health equity, social determinants of health, community and coalition building, and public health development and evaluation.
- Utilize data analysis to drive response to community health needs interpreting and responding to local, state, and national health trends.
- Apply performance improvement methodology to develop, implement, and evaluate comprehensive plans that address public health issues within our community.
- Comprehensively review impact and success of initiatives, recommending any modifications to improve effectiveness as part of the strategic Community Health Improvement Plan.
- Build capacity throughout Philadelphia for community health improvement by initiating and facilitating community coalitions and collaborative to address issues concerning our community.
- Outreach to target populations using appropriate age and culturally competent strategies, striving to remove barriers related to health inequity and social determinants of health.
- Effectively engage coalition, team, and workgroup members in an open dialogue to address gaps, overlap, and redundancy to collaboratively focus efforts on evidence-based tools and practices to achieve mutually agreed upon goals.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with community organizations that have missions and/or goals that compliment key focus issues.
- Support the identification, writing, and management of grants to advance our initiatives related to community health improvement.
- Provide community health improvement consulting services for the organization, providing training and networking opportunities to health, mental health and other community-based partner organizations, culturally specific organizations, and/or social services organizations.
- Provide educational sessions regarding wellness and prevention and health-related topics as needed.
- Assist in tracking budget expenses and revenue related to assigned priorities as appropriate.
- Manage special projects as assigned.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science (Required)
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Public Health, or Health related field and 3+ years Documented experience working with community-based organizations that meet health and social needs, and with diverse stakeholder communities.
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative evaluation methodologies preferred.
- Master of Arts or Science
- Master's degree in Social Work, Public Health and 2+ years leadership experience preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE