Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Compliance Analyst I
Job ID: 158061
Work Type: FT
Location: Philadelphia, PA, United States
Date Posted: Nov 14, 2022
Work Schedule: WILL REQUIRE full or partial on site work
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Compliance Analyst (CA) I is responsible for the performance of annual reviews of the professional fee billing for the faculty members of UPHS (HUP, PMC, PAH, CCH and PMPHC) and the Clinical Care Associates (CCA). It is also responsible for focused reviews of other specialty areas within UPHS and other special projects to include, but not limited to, assisting in the creation of specialty specific departmental education sessions. Additionally, the CA I will prepare the summary report of findings within a timely fashion as well as individually conduct New Physician Education sessions complete with prepared materials. The CA I also provides guidance to the Compliance Specialist.
- Performs systematic review of outpatient and inpatient records to ensure that documentation supports all billed services by the medical staff.
- Performs focused medical reviews in response to internal/external allegations or as triggered by any internal/external benchmarking identified by Senior leadership, Director and Associate Director.
- Prepares materials, appropriate research and audit in order to conduct a meaningful New Provider Education sessions.
- Researches topics and provides accurate guidance/response that is congruent with standards of CMS, Correct Coding guidelines as well as National Correct Coding initiative for any queries from clientele.
- Keeps abreast with all the changes in the CPT coding, CMS regulations, local Medicare carrier (Novitas) in order to provide the most accurate information when participating in any internal and external projects/discussions.
- Prepares materials necessary for the departmental quarterly finance meetings as necessary; ensures accuracy of information while maintaining timeliness of the reports.
- Participates in any preparation of any reports, ensure understanding of said reports and their accuracy. i.e., executive summary reports for the senior leadership at the end of the calendar year.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree Health care studies preferred And
- 1+ years Related experience (nursing, health information management, physician assistant, fee Abstraction, patient billing) or other pertinent clinical background
Licenses, Registrations, and Certifications
- Certified Procedural Coder (CPC) at time of hire or within 3 months of hiring
Required Skills and Abilities
- Ability to use Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to utilize computer software
- Familiarity with CPT Manual/CPT Assistant
- Familiarity with ICD-10 Manual
- Appropriate understanding and usage of the CDR (Coder's Desk Reference)
- Familiarity with MDAudit software
- Familiarity with PA State law website
- Familiarity with maneuvering through the CMS website
- Familiarity with maneuvering through the Novitas website
- Familiarity with Penn Chart (Epic EMR)
As part of our COVID-19 response, this position may currently be offering partial or full remote work. However, in the near future this position will require full or partial on-site work.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE