Current UPHS employees must apply HERE
Senior Physician Liaison
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 160935
Work Type: FT
Location: Radnor, PA, United States
Work Schedule: Full Time
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Senior Physician Liaison
Neuroscience service line supporting both Neurology and Neurosurgery
145 King of Prussia Road, Radnor, PA
- Responsible for enhancing the lines of communication between referring, non-UPHS physicians, CCA Physicians and the Penn Medicine Faculty. These responsibilities include building and supporting relationships, coordinating and disseminating information about Penn Medicine Clinical Programs, acting as a key resource for internal and external clients and identifying new business opportunities with referring physicians, other hospitals and health systems. Daily travel is necessary. A MSCRM Database is used to track activity; proficiency is expected after training is provided.
- Builds and supports Penn Medicine relationships with referring providers. Identifies and builds new business opportunities and enhances lines of communication between referring physicians and Penn Medicine specialists. Regularly engages referring providers in increasing meaningful engagement with the goals to build new business, establish new relationships and strengthen existing relationships. Uses a variety of clinical and programmatic education materials including article/research reprints, program/service materials, videos, podcasts, clinical briefs, etc., to increase engagement with providers.
- Is recognized by internal stakeholders as a field and audience expert, and important for inclusion for network and program development. Primary resource providing information about referring physicians for Marketing, Service Line, and Division leadership, providers and administrators.
- Aggregates and shares intelligence and opportunities in a way that facilitates and encourages discussion and positions opportunities for operational improvements,
- Uses advanced skills at accessing and interpreting data from multiple sources in order to glean insight to inform strategy. Uses data on a regular basis to help inform messaging and identify opportunities.
- Uses advanced territory management and routing to create effective sales plans.
- Uses advanced sales strategies and techniques to drive volume to specific programs, and to uncover new business development opportunities for the health system.
- Development and implementation of sales plans to include goals for volume growth for identified programs
- Budget Management – Collaborate on development for audience/market specific budget creation and management
- Integrates referring physician marketing strategies into sales plans to build business (i.e. facilitates physician roundtables, CME promotion, clinical briefings)
- Consistently meets Target activity and volume goals, and actively working towards Stretch goals.
- Majority of outreach activity types are Liaison:Provider and Provider:Provider
- Strengthen Physician Relations, increase opportunities for collaboration, move market share through enhanced referral networks, increase revenue and build physician preference for Penn Medicine.
- Leads/facilitates focused topic discussions in training and sales planning meetings, and offers examples and case studies for discussion and learning.
- Actively pilots and works with new ideas and technology to effectively to help advance sales team efforts (i.e. technology, sales tools, etc.).
- Consistently utilizes Maintain PRM database with daily entry of Physician Outreach activity, issues, opportunities.
- Serves as a mentor with other liaisons to facilitate growth.
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in a healthcare, business or related field.
- 7+ years Professional or administrative experience in healthcare and prior experience working with Healthcare providers.
- Medical and/or Pharmaceutical/Device sales experience preferred.
- Experience working in an Academic Medical Center preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated written communication skills.
- Computer software skills and knowledge.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Must be ambitious and a self-starter.
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills.
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, Word).
- Advanced expertise in multi-disciplinary or sub-specialty clinical programs or specialty audiences.
- Ability to understand referral data and impact to sales planning.
- Represents Penn Medicine in a consistently professional manner.
- Valid driver’s license, car availability with appropriate insurance coverage.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Current UPHS employees must apply HERE